What is this sensor? Oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this sensor? Oil leak

So this thing appears to be leaking oil pretty good and i don't know what it is to replace it!
    it's a JDM H22, and the picture you're looking at is below the distributor, above the transmission, on the block.
    The CB7 Timeline

whoa. thats some rigging right therre? that looks like the coolant temperature sensor. Plugs into the head. And I think its your distributor leaking on top of it.

Comment

the o ring on the distributor is shot and leaking oil on top of that sensor,

you have to pull the dizzy out, replace the o ring and you are all set
      Members Ride

Comment

correct. thats a coolant sensor, so it isnt leaking oil. dizzy o-ring it is, and very simple

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Everyone basically covered it its your O-Ring. Look under your distributor its all wet really no way for the CTS to leak unless its loose and they rarely do leak.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

sounds good, i feel like an idiot, lol

makes sense now

and another question, the sensor i replaced with the autometer sender, also pictured there, i assumed was only for the fan, but does that sensor provide feedback to the computer as well? reason i ask is because i have a code for ECT, and i'm not sure which sensor it is, the one soaked in oil, or the one i replaced.
            The CB7 Timeline

Comment

The one that looks rigged (single wire) is only for the gauge and doesn't affect running at all.
              The ECU has its own coolant sensor (two wires). I believe its the one you thought was leaking. So maybe the oil is giving a bad connection or hurting the wires.
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
                The one that looks rigged (single wire) is only for the gauge and doesn't affect running at all.
                The ECU has its own coolant sensor (two wires). I believe its the one you thought was leaking. So maybe the oil is giving a bad connection or hurting the wires.
                ok that just re-affirms what I was thinking too.
                The CB7 Timeline

Comment

Working...
                X