who is not running any power steering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is not running any power steering?

well, I found the problem with my f22a head. I thought that it may have been the heat from the header that caused the corner piece connected to the ps bracket to give. well, now I believe that like some of you guys said it must have been the ps pump. the two bottom bolts were gone and the one holding it on the top of the head was still there. with the vibration and the belt pulling the pump it caused it to break what I was wondering is if any of you guys are running w/o ps. when I replace the head I may not put the pump back on. I figure it will free up some hp and reduce a little weight. lemme know

she is down....but definately not out

ive been runnin no powersteering for 2 years, and I like it. You might have to get used to it, its a little tougher at first.

oh yea...forget parallel parking, lol

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I don't have power steering...I drive a civic though. But I had no power steering on my cb for about a month and it wasn't too bad.

Comment

Dont have power steering. Easy when you move.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thats about it man... As long as your ride is roll'n a lil.... You should be fine.... I've been without PS for about 2 years.... 4 my ride being as low as it is.... It works out for me....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

well, I'll prolly go with no ps. thanx

she is down....but definately not out

Comment

cb7extreme is running no ps and when I drove his car, it wasn't that bad.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

i love it!

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

When I get another Honda, removing the PS will be one of the first things I do, that and greasing/replacing the steering rack. I hate the feel of Honda PS, its kind of um, cheezy. I drove my old Accord for three months without PS, and I loved every second of it. Parking isnt as bad as people say it is either. Unless you just have rubber bands for arms

Comment

i'm thinking of removeing the P/S when i do my swap so i don't have to mess around with it!
                    My Ride...

Comment

The line that went from my the ps pump to the little resovoir kept on braking off when i would race and i would have ps fluid all over. Got pissed off one night cut off the belt and took off the pump. The only thing i have left is the lines. Not sure how to loop them and everything. I love no ps though.

My New Ride
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Yea i have been without power steering for a year. It takes a little getting used to and all but it will get easy. I just like it cause it makes the steering response so much better and you have more control over the wheel.

Comment

I had no PS for about a week in my '88 'lude, and it wasn't bad at all, though harder when not moving or just crawling. It was a lighter car though.

I'm still trying to gather more detail info of how the car behaves without the PS. Bump steer? 10mph? 80mph? Evasive menuvours at different speeds, etc?

Do any state inspections ever check for something like this?
                          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

ive been running without p/s for a couple years, and i love it. with lines looped, its even easier than just removing the pump/belt. i even parallel park with it sometimes.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

power steering is overrated. it helps abit with parallel parking but ive been without it for about 2 years or so..no problems at all

Comment

Working...
                              X