ran fine the night b4 and now will only stay running by pressing gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ran fine the night b4 and now will only stay running by pressing gas

ok lastnight my car was runnig just like its always been running, i got home and decided to install the h22 plenum i got in the mail last week. Now i dont know if all h22 plenums have an air starter valve or not but mine didnt it just had a plug where it goes and didnt have any screw holes, so i get it all bolted on and everything cept for the throttle cable guide and a few vacuum lines, this was around 8pm yesturday and it was still plenty bright outside for me to work so i decided to replace my y-pipe gasket and i get that all buttond up around 1am in the morning. I decided to keep working cause it was around 50 deg. outside, so after i finish that up i install the throttle cable guide and the last remaining vacuum lines and call it a night. I woke up around noon today and go outside to find out it starting to rain and i had forgotten to roll up my windows that i had left down 2inches and i get in my car and notice i forgot to cover up my ecu casue i was remapping the ecu a few nights ago richening it up...(fuck), so i try to start it and it fires up then immediatly dies, im like wtf, its acting just like it was when i had the wires mixed up on my iacv cept this time i didnt even touch the wiring. Do you guys think that the air being colder and desner could be causing my problem?

thanks guys

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Wierd man. At least was your lid on the ECU and crap? WIring wet? I would try letting that dry off first. Anyway no CEL right? If it has no FITV under the throttle body and they deleted it that could cause it. My friend had that removed if I remember and it would have a fluctuating idle. But guess there was still some air in the system because it would go away sometimes and kick on.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea the lid was screwed down on the ecu and yea it stopped raining a few hours ago so ima let it sit for a bit then try again

edit mabye ill put the h23 nonvtec plenum back on and if it starts up ill run to auto zone and get some hose so i can install my h22 TB
      Last edited by almostJDM; 04-18-2007, 08:57 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

oh and the fitv on the bottom of the f20b TB doesnt have the ports that go completly through to the inside of the mani like the h22 one does

1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread

Comment

bump

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread

Comment

did u at least let the ecu dry out?

how does it run now, when u try to start it?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i dunno cause my battery is dead and no one is here right now but once one of my room mate gets here ill ask him to jump my car also i swapped the h23 plenum back on altho i doubt it will change anything from swapping the plenum cause there both pretty much exactly the same cept ht eh22 one doesnt have an air starter valve thanks for the help guys ill let ya knwo how it goes oh mike did ya ever get your idle prob figured out?

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

im not really clear on the solid cel and no cel when you check it when theres no cel when you go to check it does the light slightly flicker then stay solid or does it just stay solid? cause im pretty sure my ecu is still good cause other wise the car wouldnt run nomatter what right?

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

wohoo i fixed it my tps was loose and it was all the way to one side i found that out while i was looking over all my connections

hey Deev pm with your paypal i feel like i should donate to the site

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread

Comment

So we can contribute to the site if we want to??

how does he put money to the site makin it better
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                      So we can contribute to the site if we want to??

how does he put money to the site makin it better
                      It helps pay for the server to run this board.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

does it cost over 10,000 a yr to run this site
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

wow no its not that high lol dunno but isnt it less then $1000?

also i found a new problem lol after i reinstalled my h22 mani.

ok when i fired up the car it would idle very low im talking like 500rpm and raise up to 1200 then drop back down but it wont die, so i adjust my tps and smoothin it out so now it just stays around 500or so rpm but never dies so i decide to pop off the iabs vacuun hoes and the rpms raise up to 1200 and stays there. So i hook the iabs vacuum line back up and decide to pop off the far left vacuum line that comes out of the map box which goes to the TB and it instantly dies whats this mean? do i have the vacuum line hooked up wrong or do i just need to install my H22 tb so i can adjust the idel with the screw? thanks guys and hurry up deev i wanna donate lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

YAY she idles somthat normal no mor surging yipeee heres a short clip lol the thing i was trying to show was the plenum where it said H22A1 lol now i just gotta hook up my H22 TB and see how she runs and ill have an idle adjustment screw woot

also dont mind the exhaust leak lol the y-pipe gasket is blown and i was going to go to an exhaust shop today to get a stripped stud removed but they wer closed so im going first thing tomorrow

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
                              wow no its not that high lol dunno but isnt it less then $1000?

also i found a new problem lol after i reinstalled my h22 mani.

ok when i fired up the car it would idle very low im talking like 500rpm and raise up to 1200 then drop back down but it wont die, so i adjust my tps and smoothin it out so now it just stays around 500or so rpm but never dies so i decide to pop off the iabs vacuun hoes and the rpms raise up to 1200 and stays there. So i hook the iabs vacuum line back up and decide to pop off the far left vacuum line that comes out of the map box which goes to the TB and it instantly dies whats this mean? do i have the vacuum line hooked up wrong or do i just need to install my H22 tb so i can adjust the idel with the screw? thanks guys and hurry up deev i wanna donate lol

bump

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X