Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a secret to removing the halfshaft from the axle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a secret to removing the halfshaft from the axle??

dis bitch is stuck like all hell. i unbolted the halfshaft (h22) and it should just slide out of the axle connected to the hub.
    ]

. Pull the knuckle outward and remove the halfshaft outboard CV-joint from the knuckle using a suitable plastic hammer.
    g. Using a suitable pry bar, pry the halfshaft out to force the set ring at the end of the halfshaft past the groove.
    h. Pull the inboard CV-joint and remove the halfshaft and CV-joint out of the differential case or intermediate shaft as an assembly.
    Do not pull on the halfshaft, as the CV-joint may come apart. Tie plastic bags over the halfshaft ends to protect them.

all i got is that but shit man its stucker than a rusty axle nut bolt
    ]

Comment

hammer it away from the intermediate shaft.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Its just realy hard to get off, its not imposible though, if you can get a cro bar back thre.

Comment

i had one that got stuck completely....couldnt get it out at all....hammered,pryed,hammered and pryed for hours.....brought it to a shop and everything and they couldnt get axle pulled out of intermediate shaft....had to get a another intermediate shaft from the junkyard.....never figured out why it was stuck.
          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
            i had one that got stuck completely....couldnt get it out at all....hammered,pryed,hammered and pryed for hours.....brought it to a shop and everything and they couldnt get axle pulled out of intermediate shaft....had to get a another intermediate shaft from the junkyard.....never figured out why it was stuck.
            haha yeah i dont know if you saw my other post but i fucked some shit up and its still stuck i think im in ur situation lol
            ]

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
              my friend had one that did that. nothing anybody ever tried on it worked.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                my friend had one that did that. nothing anybody ever tried on it worked.

great guys thanks for the encouragement! thats why i posted i knew somethin was up cuz i was makin my hands bleed tryin to get this out
                ]

Comment

id like to now play my part and be the resident cb7 asshole and tell you
                  1. search
                  2.search
                  3.buy a hayes
                  4. read the title of this thread and explain it to me. it makes no sense

the build and demise
                  buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Originally posted by HF22T
                    id like to now play my part and be the resident cb7 asshole and tell you
                    1. search
                    2.search
                    3.buy a hayes
                    4. read the title of this thread and explain it to me. it makes no sense
                    1. Eh, prolly true
                    2. refer to number 1
                    3. Waste of money.
                    4. It actually did make sense...

Oh and hehehehe...

WD40/PB blaster. Leave for 20 minutes. Now take a crowbar and hammer it with a sledgehammer. It will come out in less than 2 minutes.

Before you say its impossible. I did this on my car when it had BRAND SPANKING NEW AXLES!!!! Anyone who knows about that...brand new axles are absolutely the worst.

Comment

Working...
                    X