Now my car is dead =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now my car is dead =(

As i mentioned on someone elses thread: MR (Main Relay), Starter, Battery, Fuel Pump-Filter-Regulator-Rail, Belts, Engine oil sealant, and Oil have ALL been replaced/cleaned since summer of 05' to near the end of 06'.

Yesterday, while driving...my Battery light came on and off for a few minutes and then it decided to just stay on...i expected my cb to die right then or soon...but it didn't!...But when i got off of work, this happend: when i tried to start it, it'll turn on...but like 10 seconds later, it slowly shuts off. THAT only happend like 2 times that night when i got out. THEN, my car sounded like it was losing energy to turn the engine..so i stopped. Got 2 buds over to help out, firt we jump started it, it turned but Didn't start ....We decided to tow it to Mienekie (however you spell it) and they wanted to charge about 70 just to diagnose...at this time i said fuck it i was getting pissed at my car already...or myself. Im suppose to pick it up today and find out what they found out. The only thing i haven't changed was the alrernator!...hopefully THIS is my only problem. Because how else would my battery i replaced in 05 be so low on energy already?..and yeah i took my cb to them to make sure.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

kind of sounds like an alternator, a good way to test is to if you can, get the car running... and then take off the negative battery terminal and if it shuts off its a good chance its your alternator

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
      kind of sounds like an alternator, a good way to test is to if you can, get the car running... and then take off the negative battery terminal and if it shuts off its a good chance its your alternator

yea but a few ppl said that's not the best way though...

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

well Mienekie just called me back ...they said it was my fuel pump and fuel pump restrainer...WTF?? I already replaced the fuel pump when i kept gettin' bad quality gas from QT and RaceTrac..after that, i stopped, so wth??

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
          well Mienekie just called me back ...they said it was my fuel pump and fuel pump restrainer...WTF?? I already replaced those things when i got bad quality gas from QT and RaceTrac..after that i stopped, so wth??
          i think meineke decided that your bill wasnt high enough. unless the old pump was installed wrong

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
            i think meineke decided that your bill wasnt high enough.

yea im thinkin that too haha they better not do that crap.

Edited: no the old pump wasn't installed wrong..my pops actually installed it and had the cb since i was about 6 and he's been taking care of it so im sure he installed it right.

But fock it, they said they'll charge 515.73 for installing and all..i'd do that myself...lol thanks for the info Mieneke HEE HEE!
            Last edited by Djmoua; 03-14-2007, 03:20 PM.

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

Comment

About 3 weeks ago my alternator went on my red Accord. If you're confident the battery is in good condition, like mine and that the battery cables are in good shape and good contact to ground (I knew mine where), then this is what I did:

- Connect voltage meter to measure voltage across the battery terminals without motor on and assuming your battery is fully charged, should be about 12.5 V

- Keeping voltage meter on battery, start up your car, go read the meter and it should be at 14.4V or so and if it doesn't change the 12.5V reading and starts going down while motor is idling, then bad alternator.

People that have trouble outside of this, have some freak problem in their electrical system, more than likely because they were fooling around and didn't do a job correctly that involved some other wiring, etc. That's why it helps to do things right the first time, so your confident in the work you've done on your car and not suspect it to future causes of problems.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

The fuel pump wouldn't make the car not turn over or die.

It is your alternator. The light comes on anytime the Electric Load Detector sees a drain on the system.

That just means that more power is being drawn than is being put back in.

If the battery is good (it was, since the car kept running with the light on), then it is generally the alternator.

Do yourself a favor, and when you replace it, don't use a crappy one from Autozone, because in 6 months you will be complaining that you just replaced the alternator. Theirs do not last. Some are OK. But for about the same price, a reman Honda will probably work the best, or you can look for one in a junkyard.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  About 3 weeks ago my alternator went on my red Accord. If you're confident the battery is in good condition, like mine and that the battery cables are in good shape and good contact to ground (I knew mine where), then this is what I did:

- Connect voltage meter to measure voltage across the battery terminals without motor on and assuming your battery is fully charged, should be about 12.5 V

- Keeping voltage meter on battery, start up your car, go read the meter and it should be at 14.4V or so and if it doesn't change the 12.5V reading and starts going down while motor is idling, then bad alternator.

People that have trouble outside of this, have some freak problem in their electrical system, more than likely because they were fooling around and didn't do a job correctly that involved some other wiring, etc. That's why it helps to do things right the first time, so your confident in the work you've done on your car and not suspect it to future causes of problems.
                  All true.

Also, with a lead acid battery, that has been fully discharged (can't power the lights and stuff) don't expect the battery to still be good.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    All true.

Also, with a lead acid battery, that has been fully discharged (can't power the lights and stuff) don't expect the battery to still be good.
                    Yea, I figured that was common sense enough. If you read these tips and you already drained your battery, duh, not a good time to do this alternator check.

Sidenote: You'd be surprised at how a properly working alternator helps idle, atleast on a cammed F22ax motor , my red Accord idles better now and more consistent.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Did you just say that you changed your oil last in 05???
                      1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
                      2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

05 to the end of 06 he said ...so I assume not :P
                        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

it your alternator!!

if u want to see if it your alternator, start up your car using jumper cable or something, then disconnect a possitive or a negative to the battery, if the car shut of then it your alternator.

it has eyes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                            The fuel pump wouldn't make the car not turn over or die.

It is your alternator. The light comes on anytime the Electric Load Detector sees a drain on the system.

That just means that more power is being drawn than is being put back in.

If the battery is good (it was, since the car kept running with the light on), then it is generally the alternator.

Do yourself a favor, and when you replace it, don't use a crappy one from Autozone, because in 6 months you will be complaining that you just replaced the alternator. Theirs do not last. Some are OK. But for about the same price, a reman Honda will probably work the best, or you can look for one in a junkyard.

The Mieneke mechanics said it was my Fuel pump...they said that fuel isnt being delivered properly into the engine or whatever (i guess like it was clogged or somethin'---must be because of my past xp of crappy gas quality i've been putting in my car). When they told me that, i also asked about the alternator too..i asked: "So could my alternator also cause this kind of problem?"...their response : "Yeah, But your alternator is fine. It's just your Fuel pump and the Strainer."...(wth is the strainer anyway?)

I would rather trust you guys then these doods, because IF they WERE to replace my fuel pump...my battery light would still be lit RIGHT??? Thats also one reason why i believe its my alternator. I mean cuz, someone told me that alternators are what charges the battery, when engine is on AND off!...if that is then, i dont think my alternator is charging my battery that well with the engine both on OR off.
                            Last edited by Djmoua; 03-17-2007, 04:13 PM.

*Needs*
                            -New shocks
                            -Struts
                            -Drop
                            -Cleaning
                            -New Tires/Wheels
                            -New Window Tint
                            -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz
                              Did you just say that you changed your oil last in 05???

No haha srry i did last oil change near the end of 06'..i think i gotta do another change though..

*Needs*
                              -New shocks
                              -Struts
                              -Drop
                              -Cleaning
                              -New Tires/Wheels
                              -New Window Tint
                              -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Working...
                              X