Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake light stays on, rear brakes the problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light stays on, rear brakes the problem?

I've never taken a look at my drum brakes in the back, they could be toast, do they have a sensor or something that could trip the red brake light to stay on in the gauge cluster? I've tried everything and that light just stays on. Oh, also my ebrake doesn't really work, it clicks and all and feels like it's pulling on something, but the car still rolls.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Is it the break light under the Fuel and TEmp gauge? becuase if it is, thats your break LIGHTS at the rear of your car. either one of your bulbs are out or your like black relay delio is toast back there. check out the bulbs and such. Goodluck, on just a heads up if u want those black box thingies you can ind them @ a Dealer for $80+ CND or just go looking around in a junkyard hahah. enjoy. If your sensors are out then when u press the pedal one side of the lights wont come on and such. have fun! took me a couple days to figure this out

Oh, also my ebrake doesn't really work, it clicks and all and feels like it's pulling on something
    oh yea this could be something to do with your rear breakss :P
    1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
    Originally posted by yeamans17
    you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

no, it's the brake light shown here

I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i think there was a thread on this before and the person said that their brake fluid was low. Recently mine has started to light up also but after a while it just goes away .

Comment

as mentioend check your brake fluid first. There is also an e-brake switch that can cause that but check brake fluid first. quick and easy.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

that sounds e-brake-ish

Comment

brake fluid was the FIRST thing I checked. any other ideas?

Comment

sometimes the light will come on if the brake fluid cap is not seated properly. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

fluid full, cap seated. Any other ideas?

maybe the little sensor in the cap is messed up?? any way to test it?

Comment

Figured out the problem, thought I'd let the rest of you know incase anyone else is having this problem. It was the little sensor in the brake resevoir cap. Just unplug it and your good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Torqstr
                      Figured out the problem, thought I'd let the rest of you know incase anyone else is having this problem. It was the little sensor in the brake resevoir cap. Just unplug it and your good to go.
                      Ya, except now do your brake lights work at all?
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

heh, valid point. I never checked that. But I'm assuming my brakelights still work, I mean I don't think the little fluid level sensor would interfere with that, but I could be wrong.

Comment

you left is unplugged?

Comment

your brakes obviously need real work anyway... dont worry about the light, fix the issues and see if the light goes away. disconnecting the sensor doesnt fix the problem, it just hides it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

um...it's just the sensor for the fluid resevoir. it's probably just a faulty sensor.

Comment

Working...
                              X