Where to get an alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get an alignment

ok, where the hell can I get an alignment? My car is lowered on sportlines and Illuminas and I also installed an spc camber kit and I've called about 15 places in my area and they all say that their equipment won't work for anything lower than stock. I have to drive 90 miles on monday on the highway and my passenger front tire bows out and is all outta whack and I can't find anyone to do an alignment. Anyone else have a problem with this?

any non-chain shops around that you ever see modded cars outside of? id just drive it up and go in, tell them your car is outside and you want to leave it there for an alignment. you want them to adjust the camber kit too? or just alignment? if alignment only, i wouldnt bother mentioning that the car is lowered, as the sportlines arent THAT low. they might not notice until its on the lift, and by then its too late to turn it down

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

A shop will know that the car is lowered the minute it scrapes going up the alignment rack. Also by that point all they will do is adjust the toe, since most techs at places like that are lazy as shit. Good luck though.
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

i have the same problem. a little worse than yours though. i was on h&r race springs. the shop i use to go to stopped doing alignments for low cars. options are: #1-go to or call local shops that mod hondas or whatever and ask them where their customer go for alignments #2-while your riding around town ,try to flag someone or stop them if their car is similarly lowered like yours and it appears that they have a good alignment job#3-go coilovers. I tried #1 first. I was directed to ntb. I called them and they said they did it. guy even built a platform for lowered cars and claimed to have the lowest rack in town. so i went, go there, and he just took an look at it and didn't even try to put it on the rack. said it too low. pissed me off because the urethane body kit flexes and makes the car look lower. you can also try places that align vettes. they are pretty low and similar with out body kits. you can also remove your body kit if you have one. so now i am on option 3. i recently purchased coilovers and i will probably raise the car a lil bit to get the alignment done. i will at least have an alignment done so i can drive her til i find a shop that will align at the height i want. the last option would be to travel to a near by city that will do it. in my opinion any shop that don't have steep ramps to get on their rack can do it. they are just lazy and don't want to do the extra work for the same price.
        91 Ex CB9
        JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
        p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
        Weight Reductions
        R33 or R34 front end

Comment

ok, I got an alignment. I read your post mike, about looking for modded cars in front of the shop lol. I remembered that a Town Fair Tire near me always had lower integras and civics out front so I went there and they took the car right in lol.

I had them adjust the camber too and the guy showed me the print out of the before and after and the before was terrible lol. Anyways, on the ride home, the car seemed to ride great, it's straight, no control arm hitting the wheel well, the tires don't squeal at all when turning, etc.

Also, I was very impressed with the service there lol. Usually people that work at chain stores seem to be...kinda dickheads and stupid (just from my experience proir to today) but these guys seemed to know what they were talking about and they were pretty nice people. But yea I'm a satisfied customer.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
            i usually end up going to tires plus because its close to home and they dont bitch because its lowered, they just charge $95
            damn. Mine was $69. I was supposed to get one for $45 from some guy I know but he looked at the car and was like yea that's too low sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo
              ok, I got an alignment. I read your post mike, about looking for modded cars in front of the shop lol. I remembered that a Town Fair Tire near me always had lower integras and civics out front so I went there and they took the car right in lol.

I had them adjust the camber too and the guy showed me the print out of the before and after and the before was terrible lol. Anyways, on the ride home, the car seemed to ride great, it's straight, no control arm hitting the wheel well, the tires don't squeal at all when turning, etc.

Also, I was very impressed with the service there lol. Usually people that work at chain stores seem to be...kinda dickheads and stupid (just from my experience proir to today) but these guys seemed to know what they were talking about and they were pretty nice people. But yea I'm a satisfied customer.

Where in MA did you go? I also live in MA and once I lower my car I'll need to go somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by MyCord
                Where in MA did you go? I also live in MA and once I lower my car I'll need to go somewhere
                The one in Danvers. It's right near the Liberty tree mall.

Comment

dont go to a nationwide chain type of place...they are the ones who dont do anythin..

go to a small shop, i went to a local shop here in sac., they did a good job on the alignment and it was only 35 dollars...

Comment

you can go to any honda dealer and it takes 20mins towes the only real importans thing it eats up tires faster than camber i only got like maybe 5000 miles before i needed new tires ecause the towe. even thought i do drive aggresive

Comment

dang, there's a place here called Asian Autimotive, they specialize in...imports. Haha, they do crazy swaps, i've seen countless sr20det S14's, alot of 280z's and stuff like that too.

they've even got a built ZR1 that's their "track car" or whatever. that's where i'm taking my car. word.

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                        dont go to a nationwide chain type of place...they are the ones who dont do anythin..

go to a small shop, i went to a local shop here in sac., they did a good job on the alignment and it was only 35 dollars...

i think i will take this advise. chains seem to be dicks and lazy. its like they want you to pay them double or give a nice tip when all it takes is a like a few extra seconds to put 2x4's down. they act like you want them to break the suspension system down.
                        91 Ex CB9
                        JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                        p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                        Weight Reductions
                        R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo
                          ok, where the hell can I get an alignment? My car is lowered on sportlines and Illuminas and I also installed an spc camber kit and I've called about 15 places in my area and they all say that their equipment won't work for anything lower than stock. I have to drive 90 miles on monday on the highway and my passenger front tire bows out and is all outta whack and I can't find anyone to do an alignment. Anyone else have a problem with this?

if you're a DIY kind of person.. get yourself one of these..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63921

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123

no one would take it in. The only place that would even look at it was town fair and I only have till monday so I did town fair. They did something, there's a huge difference and the camber is noticeably better just by looking at it.

Comment

I took mine to a small local tire place to get snow tires and an alignment; he sends cars to the Wall's car dealer down the road. I got no complaints from either. The dealer gave me a printout and everything. Of course I didn't have a camber kit to adjust, so they made sure I knew the camber was off and unadjustable, instead of just shoving me out of the door. So I'll probably go there from now on.

Oh, it was $69
                              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Working...
                              X