timing belt kit off ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timing belt kit off ebay

wut do yall think bout the ebay timing belt kit that they sell on there. i think the makers of it are koyo gmb and sum other one i cant remember. but they say that the makers they have are the same ones honda uses to make their stuff. but who knows if those ppl tell the truth. well any info on that thank u in advance
    cant wait till im all done

There are only two brands that Honda uses for their t-belts; Unitta and Gates. I have never found Unitta belts available from any aftermarket supplier, however some parts stores carry Gates belts...so those are fine. All that other aftermarket stuff is garbage. As for the waterpump...get OEM, period.
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I would see what Honda has for T-belt kits first. I wouldnt trust aftermarket from ebay.

Comment

I purchased my tensioners, timing belt, balancer shaft belt, water pump.......everything but the seals off of eBay. The seller was in Yakima, WA. and the parts are exactly like OE. I've had no problems and it's been about 20k since my last tb maintenance.

Honest to god, I don't expect to have any issues......

*edit*

This is what I got
        Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 12-05-2006, 10:09 AM.
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

thanks everybody i found a kit online that came with all honda stuff but it didnt come with the tenisoners i called honda and they are almost 200 bux i was damn. i will prolly go with wut u got maroonaccord.

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
            I purchased my tensioners, timing belt, balancer shaft belt, water pump.......everything but the seals off of eBay. The seller was in Yakima, WA. and the parts are exactly like OE. I've had no problems and it's been about 20k since my last tb maintenance.

Honest to god, I don't expect to have any issues......

*edit*

This is what I got
            i can vouche for that seller.

ive been to the store, those guys know what they're talking about and are pretty cool too.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

But why even replace the tensioners? In all my years of working on Hondas, and the hundreds and hundreds of t-belt jobs I have done...I have never seen a tensioner go bad. However, we do see aftermarket t-belt failures quite often. The point being...get the OEM stuff.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i ONLY get oem belts. i only got new oem pulleys because they were H23, but other than that, ive never seen them fail (or even start to get stuck)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

well i found a oem all honda stuff comes with:

TIMING BELT-14400-PTO-004

BALANCE SHAFT BELT-13405-PT0-004

CAM SEAL-91213-PT0-003

CRANK SEAL-91212-P0A-004

BALANCE SHAFT SEAL-91233-PT0-003

WATER PUMP-19200-P0A-003

POWER STEERING BELT-56992-PT0-J02

A/C BELT-38920-PT0-004

all this is about 145 bux i saw another one that didnt come with the power stering belt or the ac belt but came with the valve cover gasket and the spark plug tube seals and it was a lil more not to much like 10 20 bux. well u think thats a good deal?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                    But why even replace the tensioners?
                    My car f22 has over 220k, so I figured it was just cheap insurance....
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

thats how i think maroonaccord i rather replace it all why im in there.

Comment

i buy everything from the dealership. some of the aftermarket parts may work for some, but i'd rather not gamble. after working for honda, i've seen a lot of things first hand. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

if you buy off of ebay, make sure they are all OEM replacements, i wouldnt trust too much aftermarket from ebay.
                          1990 Accord EX Sold
                          1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
                          1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

i would only let genuine honda parts touch my car, but hey... thats just me!

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Genuine Honda parts are cheaper than a new motor... When it comes to stuff like the timing belt and water pump, I wouldn't get anything else. For things like power steering and AC, I would save a few bucks and get the cheapie stuff... if those belts break, the worst that will happen is that I won't have those accessories (I don't have them right now anyway!)

ALWAYS weigh the cost of the cheaper parts with the potntial issues that may arise because of them. If the cost is significantly less, the fitment is OEM quality, and the risk is low, go for it... If there's a $40 difference, the parts may not fit properly, or failure may destroy something MUCH more expensive, it's worth paying the extra.

Comment

Working...
                              X