Not cranking, weird startup issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not cranking, weird startup issues

OK so I wired the dizzy up and now the car won't crank over, even with a jump. However, the no-crank problem started BEFORE I wired the dizzy/coil up. Also, the car doesn't beep when I put the key in the ON position, and only the battery light lights up.

Does anyone have the interior fuse panel diagram? And could this be the result of a fried ECU? I've been trying to start my car for the past 2 days and all it's been doing is cranking. Could that have fried the ECU/some wire?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

wait, so its cranking, or its not?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

What type of ECU are you running? It sounds like its not turning over now

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        wait, so its cranking, or its not?
        No, it is not cranking. Even with a jump it makes one click and does nothing. Also, the only lights that come on are the battery light, followed by the CEL light about a minute later.

I have my stock PT6. I'm trying to think of someone in NYC w/a stock PT3 I could borrow, but sparkle sold his and I don't think anyone else has one.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Could be a ground? Did you check your thermoground?

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
            that and check alllll your fuses...

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
              Yep good thing to check some people forget this one when they reinstall a motor. The Pt6 will run the f22b fine just wont be able to use it to full potential as for the pt3 I am not sure. You should try finding a stock p39

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

But the ECU worked yesterday...

Which thermo housing is the ground for the ECU, the one towards teh back or front?

And again, anyone know where I can find the interior fuse diagram?

Comment

Back. You can try dl a manual from Hondahookup or something dunno if they still have it. Or you can just run to the local parts store and buy a helms.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

pt3 is basically the same as a pt6, why are you looking for a pt3 when you have an extra pt6? throw it in and see if it works. any ECU will at least start the engine.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      pt3 is basically the same as a pt6, why are you looking for a pt3 when you have an extra pt6? throw it in and see if it works. any ECU will at least start the engine.
                      No, the PT6 I have is the one that was in the car. I only have one ECU and that is the one that appears to have gone bad.

Comment

First off, I'd like to point a few things out.

If you aren't even cranking, your ECU isn't at fault.

If on a boost, you are only getting clicking, its because one of the main grounds is shot. Most times its the battery ground. You won't be able to tell by looking at it. You must either test it, or just install new ground wires.

I had this same problem not to long ago after I did my new setup. It was the 4 gauge ground's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                          First off, I'd like to point a few things out.

If you aren't even cranking, your ECU isn't at fault.

If on a boost, you are only getting clicking, its because one of the main grounds is shot. Most times its the battery ground. You won't be able to tell by looking at it. You must either test it, or just install new ground wires.

I had this same problem not to long ago after I did my new setup. It was the 4 gauge ground's fault.
                          I actually had the no cranking problem before as well, and I replaced the main battery ground (the one to the bottom of the starter) about a year ago. I'm gonna check my wiring again but I don't think it's anything with the battery, considering it was all good about a month ago.

Comment

OK so I did some more testing, and it looks like I fried the ground for all the accessory electricals in the car. The CEL comes on, and the battery light comes on, but nothing inside the car, from the clock to the dome light to the blower fans to the interior lights comes on. In the fusebox under the hood there are two big terminals...one from the positive on the battery and one that goes somewhere I can't trace. Is that a ground? I got no voltage between that and the main fusebox power line.

Comment

yea thats the ground. the thermoground is the one on the thermostat housing.
                              it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

Working...
                              X