WATER.....everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WATER.....everywhere

All my windows were up last night, roof closed too. So where are the possible entrance points of water into the cabin? The sunroof maybe?

My trunk was full of water, and the foot area of the back seat was full of sitting water.......I parked on a steep-ish hill, my car facing in the going up the hill position... could this cause bad drainage? This is the first time my interior has leaked...

I would make sure the drainage passages for the sunroof are clean... I've seen sunroofs leak plenty of times due to blocked drains.

Comment

how would i go about checking/clearing them?

Comment

the drian pipes for the sunroof are in the trunk you have to pull out the interior on the left and the right. the one on the left is behind the power antenna. the one on the right is located in about the same spot but on the right side.
        cant wait till im all done

Comment

could that cause leak on inside?

Comment

in the corners of the sunroof assembly are 4 drain tubes... sounds like your rear ones may be plugged up. this is easily possible, as driving forward all the time w/ an open sunroof can lead to stuff getting lodged in the way. the front drains lead to inside of the fenders, and the rears are those rubber nipple things behind the sides of the rear bumper. the drain nipples are pinched closed to let water out, but not dirt in from the outside. make sure both the nipple end as well as the end in the sunroof assembly is clear...

pointing up a hill, i dont think a leaky trunk or window would let that much water in, without having noticed smaller leaks in the past.
            Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-08-2006, 10:47 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
            X