Getting Ready To Travel 600+ Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Ready To Travel 600+ Miles

So I was just wondering about some stuff.

I'm going to change my oil for the first time...3 month old H22 with suposedly 34k miles on it. What should I put in there? I wanted to go synthetic...but my dad says it might not be worth it unless the car has had synthetic oil put in it its whole life..?

Secondly..I wanna change my transmission fluid...what fluid should I get for the H transmission?

Thirdly...it might be a dumb question...but what psi should I have my tires at?

Fourthly...is there anything else I should do to ensure a nice..trouble free drive the Jacksonville and back...?

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
    .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
    .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Oil, Its never a bad time to start running synthetic oil.. Just dont go back and forth with oils, stick to 1 brand and style.

Tranny Fluid, the best would be Honda brand Tranny fluid... Nothing better, in that case.

Tires.. What are you running? Best would be what is recommended in the drivers side door jamb. Run that at That rating...

Make sure everything is lubed that has to be, make sure all other things are snug, everything is in good order, and just look over the car really good. Make sure the lug nuts are tight... you dont want to lose them on the highway.

Comment

Cooling system is always a nice thing to check when your goin on a road trip. Actually check all your fluids and stuff. But customlowz covered everything else. Im running synthetic on my h22a. I went from reg oil, synthetic blend, then full synthetic.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Aight cool, I'll go with the synthetic. I'll check the break fluid and everything...coolant and stuff. I'm not sure at the moment what the psi is right now. I'll have to check when I get out off work.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by 93Akkord
          So I was just wondering about some stuff.

I'm going to change my oil for the first time...3 month old H22 with suposedly 34k miles on it. What should I put in there? I wanted to go synthetic...but my dad says it might not be worth it unless the car has had synthetic oil put in it its whole life..?

Secondly..I wanna change my transmission fluid...what fluid should I get for the H transmission?

Thirdly...it might be a dumb question...but what psi should I have my tires at?

Fourthly...is there anything else I should do to ensure a nice..trouble free drive the Jacksonville and back...?
          firstly... do synthetic. for a honda motor, 34k IS the beginning of its life... start now.

secondly... 5spd, right? either honda MTF, synthetic motor oil, or an oil designed to be better for a tranny, either GM synchromesh or something like the redline shockproof stuff. technically the tranny takes just oil, but what oil is up to you.

thirdly... what are they rated for? look at the side of the tires. for regular tires, i keep em around 32psi.

fourthly... plenty of drinks and snacks because h22s are reliable and fun on long highway trips ON THE REALZ, just do a complete checkover/tuneup. check all the fluids, do oil changes, check tires and such. on long trips i always bring a selection of basic but the most oftenly used tools, as well as a bottle of every fluid the car could take (oil, coolant, brake fluid, etc)... jumper cables, fix-a-flat, and a spare... JUST in case.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I believe I have H rated tires, but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, I'm also gonna bring a nice selection of music...should be fun

oh yeah...and it is 5spd.
            Last edited by 93Akkord; 10-30-2006, 12:53 PM.

Comment

The aforementioned suggestions are excellent, but keeping a small extinguisher in the car is a good idea regardless. Not specifically for long trips, just there in case.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Dont forget to make sure the spare tire has the proper amount of air in it too!

Comment

be safe!!!

Comment

buy some preporation H cause i think your gonna get some hemhroids
                    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                      buy some preporation H cause i think your gonna get some hemhroids
                      ooo...good thinking...thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X