Spindle Nut Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spindle Nut Size?

Does anyone know the size of the spindle nut in the center of the brake rotor? Trying to remove the half-shafts, but it's not happening without knowing the size, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anyone could tell me, it would be much appreciated.

36mm

Comment

Thanx man
      Now I gotta go hunt for a 36mm socket

Comment

and I thought my nuts were big.....

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcoupe
          Thanx man
          Now I gotta go hunt for a 36mm socket
          Any auto parts store should have one.

Comment

Just bought one for $15, but I snapped 2 17" long 1/2" drive pry bars on the bastard. One was a cheap one but the other was a Craftsman.
            Then my buddy brought over his dad's 250 ft-lb torque wrench and busted that too. Had to heat it up and impact it, but only got one off with that method, didn't work on the other.
            If I could just use a bigger air compressor

Comment

Yea, never use torque wrenches too loosen shit, it's not what it's designed for...only to tighten things. Also, don't store them outside in garage in cold-winters (less urs is well insulated & heated), they tend to go bad.

About the 36mm spindle nut...unstake the nut & use an air compressor & impact gun. That's how I got mine off...I used my 350 lb-ft impact gun.

Or use a 1/2" drive breaker bar, as long of one as you can buy, then stick metal tube with decent thick walls over the handle for more leverage. Make sure to have car in park or parking brake fully on....or have someone inside pressing brakes and tires on ground when loosening the nut.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

ha. YEAh, make sure you unbend the piece of metal that holds the nut in place!

Also, use a CRAFTSMAN(that way if you break it, it gets replaced for FREE) 1/2 ratchet. Then find the longest, strongest metal pipe, and place it over the ratchet.

I LITTERALLY used a 12ft. metal pipe at a 30-35 degree angle, and pretended to do a pullup on the bar. FINALLY it broke loose!!!

Dont give up, and even more importantly, dont jack up the nut!
                Noobie my ASS.

Comment

i use a impact gun to remove it, no problem here?? what are you guys talking about?
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i used an 18" craftsman, with a heavy duty 9' pipe (it was a piece of chainlink fencing). i held the socket onto the nut and had my friend jump onto the end of the pipe (which was suspended into the air). popped off no problem.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I used a 17" Craftsman Breaker Bar with like a 3' cheater bar over that, but the Craftsman broke.
                      Good thing they replace it for free because it wasn't mine

Only tried using the torque wrench becase we broke the 2 breaker bars.
                      Last edited by 92accordcoupe; 04-26-2004, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X