Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture of your alternator tensioner please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture of your alternator tensioner please!

Somehow I think my alternator tensioner flew off the other night! Now every time I tighten up the belt it just goes slack again after I give the car some high revs. I still have the little bracket on the front of the alt where the tensioner was, but I need a picture of it so I can see about fashioning something else to work just like it did.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

please i really need this info. just snap me a picture of your tensioner real quick. Thanks.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

haynes manual?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

can't find mine right now......but I know somebody has to have a picture of that part of their engine bay lying around.

Comment

hmm I dont think my car has that tensioner

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i dont have the tensioner..mine was missing when i got the car so whenever i need to tighten my al. belt i just get like a long pipe or corwbar of some kind...and wdge it between alt and the header...and put pressure on it till tension feels ok on belt and tighten the botoom screw of the alt.always worked for ...ive done alott

it helps to have a friend so someone can tighten while other holds the tension
            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
              i dont have the tensioner..mine was missing when i got the car so whenever i need to tighten my al. belt i just get like a long pipe or corwbar of some kind...and wdge it between alt and the header...and put pressure on it till tension feels ok on belt and tighten the botoom screw of the alt.always worked for ...ive done alott

it helps to have a friend so someone can tighten while other holds the tension
              This would probably be fine.. as long as you avoid overtightening the bolt, then you'd be fucked...

I could try to draw a picture, but its not gonna look right if the pic isn't 3 dimensional.. Look at your tensioner for your power steering... its pretty much the same deal.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                This would probably be fine.. as long as you avoid overtightening the bolt, then you'd be fucked...

I could try to draw a picture, but its not gonna look right if the pic isn't 3 dimensional.. Look at your tensioner for your power steering... its pretty much the same deal.
                yea dont overtighten i didnt say that
                My Members Ride Thread

Comment

hope this helps .... i could get i pic or i would have

click to zoom
                  R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                  (O.o )
                  (> < )

My Rotor DIY
                  I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

I don't know why a tensioner would be missing unless the person who replaced it before was a Moron. Are you sure it's gone and not just hooked up right?

EGR Port Cleaning http://home.comcast.net/~em-engineering/T2T013.pdf

Comment

How did your tensioner fall off? Hmm if you can tighten the tensioner is still there or are you using the single 14 to hold it? Its basically a long screw with a hole in it with another screw that goes to the bottom of the alternator so it holds the adjustment in place.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                      X