Where is the intake vacuum canister?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the intake vacuum canister?

I think I figured out my surging problem. Where do you H22/H23 peeps connect your #8 vacuum line? I can't find my Haynes right now.

My gaskets are good...everything is tight...all the other lines are connected. I just can't find the #8 line. It has a check valve and connects from the intake vacuum canister to anywhere on the plenum. Help!

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

For H23

For F22a

Comment

OK, well it appears I was wrong. Looks like a trip to Honda is in order.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

its part of that crap in the corner that i suggested that u can pull out... you can pull that whole line out as long as you cap off the nipple on the manifold.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          its part of that crap in the corner that i suggested that u can pull out... you can pull that whole line out as long as you cap off the nipple on the manifold.
          Yea I pulled all that junk out...I dunno if this is good or bad but you can see the filter from my CAI in the wheel well now. Hmmm.

In any case...I have to get to the bottom of this. What does the starting air valve do? I just realized mine is disconnected. I heard from somewhere that it's not that important though.

Comment

You don't need any of that old intake ducting/resonator and like Mike said, just cap #8 off right @ the plenum. The starting air valve/air boost valve gives additional air to the motor upon start up to aid in easier starting. It's more for colder climates, so I would run that during the winter. The JDM F22B's came w/ a factory block plate, so it's more about climate than anything. Are you running a fender liner(?) you shouldn't be able to see the filter on your CAI

Comment

Can you just leave the air boost valve line open? Just installed a SRI and the line isn't long enough to reach the intake, so I just left it open. Will probably go buy some breather filter to put on the end or something.

Comment

Working...
              X