Ecu Flashing While Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecu Flashing While Driving

yesterday while driving around to the meet we had it was throwing code 41. ok fine then. then it was throwing a code for the egr running like shit at low rpm 2200-2500ish. ok then it was just a flat line. ecu had no signal at all. then it would go away. then it was fine for awhile. car running wonderful. then it starts to flash and go away then do it again. [cp]mike was wiggling the ecu and it was still flashing. . today it was fine until i left work it was flashing but it was running fine. what the fuck ALL WHILE DRIVING
    Last edited by oneoffaccord; 09-04-2006, 08:31 PM.

your wiring may be loose?

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
      your wiring may be loose?
      ok if the wiring is loose where? if [cp]mike was taking the ecu and wiggling it while driving and nothing happens besides the ecu flashing what the fuck then. car still driving fine while hes doing that

Comment

Check the wiring at the sensors and stuff itself? If not why dont you just cap off the EGR your boosted right? I dont think it comes in real handy anyway if your boosting.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah its the freaky CEL light. at certain points MAP/EGR will throw codes, which is no big deal, but we were driving and he told me to look at the light, its blinking. it would stay solid for a second, start flashing a code, then flicker on and off a few times then flicker a code again, then go off, then flash a code again, then flicker a few more times. it was completely erratic, which made me think it was something loose... but it was nothing near the ECU or CEL connector itself, as i kept playing with both and nothing changed.

it was freaking weird... i guess some wire tracing is in order...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

your ecu flashes? you're obd0? lol, just messing with you.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

its throwing 2 codes, codes 43 and code 12 or 13 while driving. ill check the car tomorrow and see what happends with all the connections and what not

Comment

it even flashes when the car is just on ACC can anybody tell me? Im thinking and leaning towards a ecu

Comment

looks like its time to bust out the multimeter and the helms... it WILL be found

edit: FYI your old p14 has water corrosion on some of the component leads
                  Last edited by cp[mike]; 09-06-2006, 10:34 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                    looks like its time to bust out the multimeter and the helms... it WILL be found

edit: FYI your old p14 has water corrosion on some of the component leads
                    thanks mike. ill open up the ecu i have now and blow it out with compressed air.

Comment

Well its fixed. Sat nite while me and [cp]mike were taking apart my engine bay to paint it we dsconnected the battery and took a few ground wires off. sunday morning i hooked up everything and installed new bolts on the ground started the car and nothing. drove it yesterday and today, still nothing. check engine light does come on but thats for something else.

Comment

Working...
                      X