rear motor mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear motor mount

i had an issue with my rear motor mount in my accord, it went out with hydrolic fluid (auto trans only) all over the place. I can tell it went out so i replaced it.

now im about to purchase another cb7 but when i put it in reverse or drive... it kinda jerks a bit when it goes in gear, if u watch the motor you see it hop. (jerk is more of a nudge and not a harsh jerk...)

so first thing i said was, perhaps the front motor mount was blown (front motor mount good), then i looked at the rear and i saw that there was hydrolic fluid splashed but i couldnt tell if it was from the rear mount. the mount feels dry with no sign of leakage that i can see.

if i watch the motor while idling i can see the rear of the motor shake barley...so im guessing motor mount but i like to see things broken to make sure you know?

its a rebuilt tranny, same guy who rebuilt mine, shifts great and everything.

i just need a second opinion and ill start looking on how to replace it, im thinking of taking off the intake manifold to get to it since i got to replace some of the coolant lines behind the manifold anyways.

thanks.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

theres no hydrolic fluid in the mount that i know of....it is vaccuum controlled however.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

look again.

autos have a hydrolic type and manuals have the rubber. haha i should know cause i replaced it already
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Yeah it does have some sort of oil/fluid substance inside of the mount. My first one I guess was gonna go out or it was cracked. But I went ahead and swapped the H with it anyways. About a year later, that thing split in half and my motor was jerking all the time when i'm at idle or a roll shifting in and out of park etc.

Is it possible to swap out to a Dx or Lx tranny mount for the rear??? I want to use that one so I can use the energy suspension insert and have something that'll last longer.
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
          Is it possible to swap out to a Dx or Lx tranny mount for the rear??? I want to use that one so I can use the energy suspension insert and have something that'll last longer.
          yes, if you use the rear mount paired with the proper mount bracket for the back of the motor. doing this on an automatic would prevent it from breaking again, but will make the trannys shifts harder than normal, and it sounds like thats what he doesnt want.

there are already tapped holes on hte rear crossmember to accept a dx/lx manual mount...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

damn you learn somethin everyday! haha my bad. I thought the fluid i saw in there was from a leak elsewhere cuz my mount broke once i boosted.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

hehe yea i didnt know it until it blew in my accord, and im like wtf is all this sticky crap

it fuked up the paint haha

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Mine jerks really bad.
                When I shift from P to D or R to D.
                I was thinking about replacing rear motor mount controller,
                and I am still stumped on it. No idea what so ever.
                Two years ago, rear motor mount was replaced.
                (Honda OEM parts brand new!)
                1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac
                  Mine jerks really bad.
                  When I shift from P to D or R to D.
                  I was thinking about replacing rear motor mount controller,
                  and I am still stumped on it. No idea what so ever.
                  Two years ago, rear motor mount was replaced.
                  (Honda OEM parts brand new!)
                  hows your tranny fluid look?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                    hows your tranny fluid look?
                    Replaced only with Honda ATF-Z1 (made in Japan) every year using ATF changer.

ATF Fluid - clean & no problem.
                    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*

Comment

my tranny sometimes you cant even feel it go into gear sometimes the whole car jerks, I replaced the front mount, theres only a little bit of vibration in reverse and very little at idle in gear

My Members Ride Page

Comment

our cars are old, it cant be helped that it jerks going into gear.

now when u have issues while it shifts, thats when things start to suck haha

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                          our cars are old, it cant be helped that it jerks going into gear.

now when u have issues while it shifts, thats when things start to suck haha
                          Shift, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X