h22 questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 questions?

for the guys with the h22 swap, have you noticed a change in your mpg? right now i fill up once a week and i drive around 300-350 miles a week. i mena it is a honda motor so it should get good gas mileage, but will i be filling up more often with the h22? also what octane is proper for the h22, it takes premium doesnt it?

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Originally posted by mcdizzle
    for the guys with the h22 swap, have you noticed a change in your mpg? right now i fill up once a week and i drive around 300-350 miles a week. i mena it is a honda motor so it should get good gas mileage, but will i be filling up more often with the h22? also what octane is proper for the h22, it takes premium doesnt it?
    Im running w/o an O2 sensor lol so dont ask me. I get crappy ass milage. I use to feed my baby 93 all the time. I just started giving her 89 this past week (b/c Im f'ing broke).

I wanna hear what everyone else has to say

-Lam

Comment

Why dont you get a new o2 then and your car must be running like shit without an o2....Anyway I have been getting around 330 or so with occasionally spirited driving. But I got an F22ax trans/stock exhaust (which is prob restrictive as hell) and awaiting to put in the prelude trans if I can find one. Yes it does take premium. I fill up every one and a half weeks because all I do is drive the car to school and back and occasionally me and my buddies drive around.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the reason why the h22 take more gas then and f22 is because of the tranny ratios. The f22 is for the family sedan and coupe for economy, the h22 trans was to help the 2 doors get there performance to the ground. I have the and h22 trans with accord 5 gears for long distance. h22 revs at around 4 somethings at 70 mphs, the f22 is just at 3 grand. You choose.
        1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
        2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
        3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
        Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
        Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

i usually get 320-330 a tank, and thats with the short h22 gears. i cruise on the highway at 4500 often too...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thats how much i get with my f22 motor...lol
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Premium gas 93

Comment

I'm getting about 27mpg with the H22A1 and M2F4. I was getting about 28mpg with the F22A1 and auto tranny, so not much difference there. I use 91 octane since it's the best I can get without going to the 76 and paying over $6/g for the 100. No 93 around here.
                Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
                  I'm getting about 27mpg with the H22A1 and M2F4. I was getting about 28mpg with the F22A1 and auto tranny, so not much difference there. I use 91 octane since it's the best I can get without going to the 76 and paying over $6/g for the 100. No 93 around here.
                  Damn I wished we had a Sunoco down in TX so we could get some 100 octane, but yea we got 93 down here =D. I dont think my mileage is that good because im running an "ebay" style skunk 2 chip which makes your car run hella rich at WOT. When my buddy in his GS was following me hes like YOUR SMOKING im like what color hes like black im like fuck... So Im pretty sure If I get that fixed I would be getting hella better mileage plus need to learn to use uber.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I would recommend using the f22 tranny if your car will be a daily driver. You'll get a little better gas mileage and the gear ratio is a little taller so it'll rev lower on the highway and you'll only comprimise about 0.2 seconds off your 1/4 mile times. Oh and definetely run premium
                    I look...You look
                    I rev...You rev
                    I win...You lose

vspooled

Comment

Originally posted by Sector8Customz
                      I would recommend using the f22 tranny if your car will be a daily driver. You'll get a little better gas mileage and the gear ratio is a little taller so it'll rev lower on the highway and you'll only comprimise about 0.2 seconds off your 1/4 mile times. Oh and definetely run premium
                      Nah stick with the h22 tranny . Youll kick yourself if you lose because you didnt get into your powerband quick enough

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        Nah stick with the h22 tranny . Youll kick yourself if you lose because you didnt get into your powerband quick enough
                        i agree. f22 tranny strips the balls off the h22. theres nothing wrong with the h22 tranny, as long as the motor is running well, youll get plenty gas mileage. stock vtec preludes came with an h series motor and tranny, and they get good gas mileage.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                        X