LSD info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD info

Wondering what you guys are using and if you have any issues or complaints.

This is for the manual trans guys.

I want to know if you are using the Prelude OEM LSD trans, locking differential setup, or the helical gear stup like the quaife.

I'm making plans for the LSD setup on my project and want to hear your feedback about what you have and how it works for you.

I've seen the OBX helical LSD for about $400 and I'm seriously considering getting it instead of dropping the money on a lude LSD, or the expensive quaife. I do plan to take the car on tracks with turns so I'm leaning away from the locked differential (even though I could it myself for DIRT CHEAP).

Let me know what you have and if you like it or hate and why!

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

dutchaccord is running the obx helical... maybe he can give some input.

personally, running the jdm h22 locking lsd has been lots of fun. pulling around turns, it gets traction and lets you pull out of the turn with some nice power... the difference can definately be felt. im assuming the helical would be even better. ive been driving with it for a couple years, and i dont plan on ever going back.

slightly off topic, i heard the t2w4 euro-R tranny had an OEM helical setup instead of the regular locking thats in the m2b4?
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-09-2006, 11:55 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Isnt someone also running a quaife on an h22 trans? I think it might have been sparkle but i could be wrong.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Actually the best diffs are the ones without diff gears inside them. They are fricking sweet!
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Cisco...you're talking about locking differentials?

The thing with locking diffs is that they can take a beating when you're turning because of the different wheel rotations. It can make the inside wheel put more power to the road which can be counterproductive of the turn. Mines for the RWD setup and the back wheels won't steer so that'll cut down on the turning radius differences which won't beat up on the locking diff as much as if it were the front wheels. But we'll see what route I end up going. That's why I made this thread so I could get some feedback from you guys actually using the LSD

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Anyone on here welded the pinion gear to the spider gears? Leave the ring gear alone and just weld the pinion/spider gears together.

Just wondering cause I'm seriously considering it because of the total cost of $5 in supplies to do it and it'd create a permanently locked diff. Sure beats $400-1400

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
              Anyone on here welded the pinion gear to the spider gears? Leave the ring gear alone and just weld the pinion/spider gears together.

Just wondering cause I'm seriously considering it because of the total cost of $5 in supplies to do it and it'd create a permanently locked diff. Sure beats $400-1400
              Am I gonna have to be the guinee pig on this one? It's worth a try in my opinion!

I'd prolly get some strong ass bolts or rods, stick them in the splines of the pinion/spider gears so that they're already sorta locked, weld the piss out of them and then they'd be locked for good. Ghetto engineering at its best

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Thats what old school muscle car/hot rod people used to do. The ghetto Posi. From what ive seen the people just weld the gears havent seen anyone stick pins and such in em.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

goddamn your cheap. lol
                  If your not going to be turning too much, i guess its ok.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Isnt someone also running a quaife on an h22 trans? I think it might have been sparkle but i could be wrong.
                    Yes im runnin a quiafe and it feels good.

Comment

Considering it's gonna be on a the rear wheels with no steering, I think I'm gonna go the $5 route. Yes I'm cheap and damn proud of it
                      Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 05-09-2006, 11:34 PM.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
                      X