Gauge Car Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge Car Indicator

I was driving today and looked at my gauge cluster to notice the little diagram of the car that warns you of open doors or what not all lit up. I have been having the break light on for awhile with no luck at fixing it. Then i drove this morning and no brake light warning and all of a sudden the whole car indicator lights up and then goes off after a few seconds and the brake lamp one stays on. It did this two or three times today and would do it several times while driving. Anyone have a clue whats going on with my cluster???Help me please.
    Last edited by Sthrnba711; 04-13-2006, 01:41 AM. Reason: Better Title
    1991 Black Accord Coupe
    Sprint Lowering Springs
    Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
    Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
    17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
    TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

The same exact thing is and has been happening with my Accord.
    It's really fustrating, i know man.

But, ive learned to live with it...everything is fine, ive done thorough checks time and time again to try to solve the issue.

Ive given up. I searched here for hours, took off cluster to examine...

nothing.

If anyone else knows, or has the same problem as us, HELP!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
    1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

you mean at night, the whole diagram of the car flickers off and on? the car is lit up by a bulb, maybe its starting to get loose or burnt out...

the brake light being on is a normal problem. the little black and brown boxes mounted in the tail lights are there to detect when a brake light goes out, those things often go bad making the cluster show a burnt out brake light at all times.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I replaced the little boxes in the taillights with no luck to fix the problem. The gauges itself doesnt go off and on, just the little indicator on the right (tells you doors are open trunk and what not). The doors, trunk, and all other little lights in that single diagram come one and then go off after a few seconds, and repeats itself sometimes. I dont know what the problem is but annoying as hell cause it kills me to see something messed up when i know nothing is wrong.
        1991 Black Accord Coupe
        Sprint Lowering Springs
        Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
        Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
        17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
        TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

I have a thread on this subject already...no one knows either!

Yes, CP[Mike] is right. The bulb housing in the tailight was fried. I replaced it from a member here and the tailight now works fine. Yet, the BRAKE light, as in the little "car" cluster still lights up all the time...Yes i have plenty of fluid in the reservior, in fact I replaced the brake master cylinder myself, so i know that's not the problem...and that's another thread entirely...

I removed the cluster and that little area where it indicates the "Doors open" is covered by a cirquit board and i feel it's not needed for me to pry that section as it's lit up by a diode rather than a bulb like the rest of the instrument cluster panel...

Ive come to a few conclusions about why it flickers on and off at any random given point...

1)It happens randomly, not when i speed over bumps concluding it's not a loose bulb.

2)My car used to be a Florida car (evident with the severe fading of clear coating on the roof, rain that is & CarFax) and the extreme moisture coupled with extreme humidity has shorted the connections somewhere i cannot find...which is a far fetched assumption lol!

3)My Accord is possesed. well...i guess im not the only one!
          Last edited by Accord13&BA4; 04-13-2006, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Ok .. this is really fawkin weird .. its happening to me as well ..

My story is .. when I start the car all the idiot lights go out as they should ..
            When I drive around the corner, and stop .. bang ... the brake lamp light (lil diagram)
            lights up .. no doors or trunk lights ... just the the damn brake lamp light ..

Ok .. I turn the car off .. and restart .. no light .. cool .. then, I step on the brake ...
            BAM .. brake lamp lights up again .. and wont go out ..

All the bulbs work .. the brake lights are fine .. and the turn signals work .. and even
            the license plate lights work .. everythings fine .. I'm at a loss as to wtf is the issue.

We did the coupe trunk swap .. however .. this issue happened even before we did ..
            but atleast then .. when I came back in the afternoon to restart the car .. no brake lamp ..

Now it stays on whenever I so much as tap the brake .. and when I return later on
            it'll do it again .. weird ass shit mannn ..

A Hui Hou !!!
            Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

oboi .. I have a burnt out reverse light bulb ....

But .. I just went out and started it up .. stepped on the brake .. annnd uhh errr
              the brake lamp light did'nt come on ..

Hmm .. watch, it'll do it in the morning .. Lets start a *possesed cb7* club

A Hui Hou !!!
              Tomi
              Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 05-22-2006, 09:26 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda

Hmm .. watch, it'll do it in the morning .. Lets start a *possesed cb7* club
                Will do. I'll be #1.

HEH. So it's possesed. right on!
                Last edited by Accord13&BA4; 05-22-2006, 11:02 PM.

Comment

um yea so i just started up my car this morning and was driving along just fine, until BAM...My brake lamp light came on after i stepped on the brakes. My brake, reverse, everything works. I have a 91 Sedan.

#3 in the Possesed cb7 club
                  JustBlaze

Comment

the brake light coming on when no brake lights are out is a sign of a faulty detector, its the little brown and black boxes mounted in the tails... all of my CB's have done it.

as for the original poster and his flickering car diagram, beats me.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                    X