My Hood Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Hood Help

My hood of my 1991 accord dx does not close right. It was not in an accident. When water gets inside the hood my alarm goes off. The drivers side you could put a pencil inside. I think it is a spring or something, what could I do. Tnanks

Wrong section bud. Either delete this post and write it in appearance or the mods will.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

bump

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

The hinges just need adjusted. Loosen the bolts that attach to the hood, re-position the hood, then tighten to about 25 ft-lbs. Also, there are two little rubber adjustment knobs at the front of the car near the headlight. Screw those up or down to make sure the hood closes right and lines up with the fenders. If you're still out of whack, loosen the fender bolts and move the fenders in or out to help align the hood--but that's a last resort.

Comment

Hey thanks xaxis. my hood on my drivers side is poped up too. I rear ended an old lady at 5 mph i let go of the brake at a light. She had no damage except my hood that is njow gappy.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
          ----
          02 Pontiac Firebird W68
          92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Working...
          X