can i put alcohol through my system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i put alcohol through my system?

can i put rubbing alcohol in my gas tank?will it hurt anything,how much should i put in?and specific alcohol,it does make sense because fuel injector cleaner is basically alcohol.how much should i use per tank.thanks
    Last edited by 91accord4door; 02-24-2004, 05:08 PM.

why take the chance? why not just use fuel injection cleaner in the first place? Suppose you do find out what type of alcohol to use and it ruins the car, it would only be your fault then cause they sell injection cleaner over the counter everywhere. I don't think its worth the risk personally...you'd seriously put something like that in your tank to save yourself from spending $3 at the risk off the entire fuel system and combustion chamber??? Not worth it IMO
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

no i was thinking gettin a alcohol with a larger amount of alcohol in it wich would make it cleaner.makes sense now?like 99% alcohol.most injector cleaners only have 95% and even 90%.i did not want to save money,just thought i would make it cleaner.i cant find cleaner that hasover 95%.

Comment

wouldnt you think that fuel injector cleaner would use 99% if that was most effective? im guessing there is a reason why it isnt just pure alcohol... not worth the chance.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ya probably right.just thought it would work good.not worth the risk.

Comment

i mean have you tried using the fuel injector cleaner and it didn't work or something? Is that why your trying to make a more volatile solution?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ya i have tried everything,nothing works.

Comment

here's a neat trick. go to your local chemical or industral plant and purchase methanol alcohol it's about $6 bucks a gallon and they usually come in five gallon containers so you'll spend thirty to forty bucks. but this shit is the best fuel injector cleaner you can get plus it gives you a tremendous boost of power. wait until your gas tank is almost empty then put in about 4 fl 0z. then top your tank off and your good to go. putting in too much can damage your fuel system so dont go all crazy with it. (note: meth alcohol is the same additive used in octane boosters.)
                FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

sounds good,i will try it.thanks

Comment

just trying to clean out the injectors,basically i wanted to see if any fuel injector cleaners worked.but none do.not in my experiences anyway.

Comment

well i have used about 5 brands of injector cleaner,and the only one that did something was "GUMOUT",that mad me have better gas mileage.i got about 3-5 more miles out of my car when using that.nothing else does that.i still use it but was just wondering what other routes there were.

Comment

yea y not just pull them out and check to see if thats really the problem...as a matter of fact..what is the problem lol. You've never said. Are u looking for gas mileage, more performance, car sputtering? Whats really going on here?

Comment

just testing cleaners i said that.i just wanted to see if any worked.and one did on gasmileage

Comment

i just thought i would test fuel injector cleaners to see if any actually did give better gas mileage like there supposed to,i tested 5 brands and "gumout" worked.it did give me better gas mileage.i tested each one from a full tank.and with "gumout" i got about 3-5 miles extra per tank.i wont use it on my h22 swap i just thought i would try sometihng.so if anyone wants to clean there injectors "gumout" does work.

Comment

well it still is getting 329 miles per tank,before i started using it it was getting around 325 miles per tank.i havent stopped using it yet but when i do i will see if it go's back down.any more questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X