Can't get PS pulley nut off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get PS pulley nut off!

I can't get the SOB off! Nothing in the factory manual would indicate that this nut has any threading other than "normal". Also no reverse thread nicks on the nut. I stuck a screwdriver through one of the pulley holes, hit it with a 1/2" impact wrench and the screwdriver bent!

Tried heating, tried mucho penetrating oil. No joy.

Help!

Bob
    1993 Accord EX Wagon

try something stronger than a screwdriver, maybe a 3/8" ratchet extension? i was going to say an impact gun should be able to do it...

me and my friend mauricio (excalbur02) were having problems getting the alt pulley off so we brought it to a shop and he popped the nut off no problem with an impact gun and didnt even charge us. you could try that i guess.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Mulepick
      I can't get the SOB off! Nothing in the factory manual would indicate that this nut has any threading other than "normal". Also no reverse thread nicks on the nut. I stuck a screwdriver through one of the pulley holes, hit it with a 1/2" impact wrench and the screwdriver bent!

Tried heating, tried mucho penetrating oil. No joy.

Help!

Bob
      damn..i couldnt get my crank pulley off..the ps//pump is cake walk..mang... hit the gym dawg
      also..fuck an impact gun..use brute strenth on there...you may bleed..but youll get it off...use a strong srewdriver and pry it in there..keep working it man youll get it...
      now if i could get my crank shaft pulley off i would be set!

Comment

haha impact would work..but i dont have one of those! try an extension and soem muscle..i bet you could get it

Check Out My Car

Comment

Well i've been here but it was quite easy. I used some ginormous vicegrips, and some channel locks. At first I tried breaking it loose w/ a huge breaker bar but nothing. So then I got the air gun and the impact socket. Impact gun worked great, took it off within 2secs.

EDIT:
          If you don't have access to an air gun/impact then use a huge break bar and make sure the thing aint moving. You'll eventually break it loose. The alt. pulley was the easiest for me... goodluck man!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
          ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
          ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

The PS nut is reverse thread, you have to go clockwise, up, towards the open hood to undo it. And I did the same as you guys for the alt pulley, bringing it to a shop to pop off in 2 seconds. Although now I have an electric Dewalt impact wrench. That thing is awesome. Popped off my axle nut with it.
            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
            X