car won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car won't start

hey everyone, i was wondering if you could help me figure out whats wrong with my car.

my car died while i was driving. when i turned the key, i hear click but it won't crank. my alarm went crazy and i couldn't shut if off with the remote, i had to unplug the alarm. power locks/keyless entry was all screwed up too. tried boosting it, but didn't work. then after awhile, i plugged alarm back in and it started up.

i was able to drive a few times with no problems. then it happened again today. couldn't start the car, would just hear click. this time i was able to boost it but then it would just die again in about a minute. again the alarm goes crazy. i couldn't get it started this time.

i assume it one of the following problems:
    -distributor (friend told me this had something to do with cruise control so i tested my cruise control it it doesn't work)
    -messed up electrical from alarm (starter kill)
    -starter
    -alternator (i just had this rebuilt about 2 months ago, but could have been a shitty job)

any suggestions to what the problem would be and suggestions on how i can test it? before this i never once had a problem. thanks everyone in advance!

can you try driving for a few days with the alarm disconnected? if you can, plug it back in after a few days (however long enough to be sure taht the problem isnt happening) to see if the problem starts happening again.

im guessing the distrib / starter / alt wouldnt have any effect whatsoever on the power locks and alarm... it sounds like your alarm is screwy.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

try and take the alarm back to the place who installed it. most are lifetime warrenty on labor. perhaps the brain is going wack.

at least starting there would help.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

thanks for the replies.

well, i can't get the car started at all now. i had to leave it in a parking lot and i'll probably have to get it towed.

Comment

humm...even if u disconnect the alarm?
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yeah, even when i disconnect the alarm.
            so it could be two unrelated problems are just one problem.
            makes it hard to pinpoint the problem cuz i'm can't really explain why one thing leads to another.

Comment

if it clicks and wont turn over it can be starter...but shit man if that alarm wasnt there it would be easier. id have it towed to the place u had the alarm installed or some electronics place cause ur taking a shot in the dark.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

You must have said something bad about the car or gave your girl more attention that it. Thats some christine type of stuff right there bro.

Comment

ok, i'm thinking the alarm is all messed up. i just went to try to start my car again. i can boost it, but then it'll usually die in a few minutes. the alarm continues to act up all the time and if its disconnected, the car won't take the boost.

so anyone here know about alarms and starter kill? i don't want to take it to the shop where i got my alarm installed and realize its not the alarm thats the problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X