H22 help...thieves stole my VAFC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 help...thieves stole my VAFC...

Ok, so long story short my car got broken into and among other things they stole my VAFC . Due to this my car is now not quite drivable, it feels like its not getting enough fuel. I really just need some help in direction...what should my next step in fixing the problem be? Will I have to go buy a new VAFC or can I just get a shop to do something to the ECU? How much should this cost me?

Oh ya, Hi I'm new.. ..I drive/drove a 91' Accord with a 94' H22a swap that needs desperate help even past my fuel problem. Do we have any one from Austin Texas here that can direct me to a shop?
    Last edited by t4johnson20; 10-27-2005, 05:48 PM.

may i ask ya a ? VAFC? what is it? ty. Honda iliterate over here!
    If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
    Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
    1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

Originally posted by sd93accordEX
      may i ask ya a ? VAFC? what is it? ty. Honda iliterate over here!
      It controls your air fuel ratio on both the big and small cam lob on honda motors.
      Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
      registration is free

Comment

wow, those guys sure must be desperate to break into a car, pop the hood, steal 1 engine component and that's it. i'm glad that's all they took, but dang, that is the first time i've ever heard of something like that. glad i'm in BFE s.d.
        If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
        Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
        1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
        2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

Originally posted by sd93accordEX
          wow, those guys sure must be desperate to break into a car, pop the hood, steal 1 engine component and that's it. i'm glad that's all they took, but dang, that is the first time i've ever heard of something like that. glad i'm in BFE s.d.
          ??????? you mount the vafc in the car.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

perhaps a chipped ECU? But that's gonna be more than the cost of a new VAFC. Personally, since you already had it wired for that, I'd just go on line and buy the one you had...

Sorry, that's really the best i can think of...

Good luck.
            2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
            JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
            My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

my guess is that they just cut the wires? if thats all they did and they left the standard rainbow colors of the old VAFC wiring still visible, connect the following wires together:

- yellow & white get connected to each other
              - purple & pink get connected to each other
              - blue wire gets connected to the old wire it originally went to, which is part of the ECU harness... you should be able to find a single wire that is just hanging... dont know the color of it, unfortunately.

for more wiring info, see page 12 of the following PDF: http://www.spipowerexcel.com/pdfs/vafc.pdf scroll down and look at diagram H2-a for info on h22 ecu pins.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

damn thieves reminds me of someone who i know a couple of people especialy on this board but anyways. Listen jsut wire your shit back up on the cb7 back to just with the ecu and all fuck the vafc they did you a favor somewhat get some real fuel management like bustedlx;s chippe p28 if you want that way no more knock sensor holdback.

Comment

Wow...thanks guys, ya so the VAFC wasn't the only thing they stole they took my deck, the amp that wasn't bolted under my seat, my sub,.... and some random clothes that were in the back seat. Ya, it sucks.

Dang, so there seems to be a good amount of serious newbs to the car scene....I didn't think anyone would not know what a VAFC was.....not that its a bad thing everyone's got to learn sometime. Hey 'mike' thanks a bunch for the PDF I think thats gonna be a big help. Can anyone direct me to a good place to get a new Controller for a decent price?

Thanks again guys......and the next theif to break the seal of my doorjam will be so full of lead they shall not be leaving my street on thier own to legs. Mister 12 gauge

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                    damn thieves reminds me of someone who i know a couple of people especialy on this board but anyways. Listen jsut wire your shit back up on the cb7 back to just with the ecu and all fuck the vafc they did you a favor somewhat get some real fuel management like bustedlx;s chippe p28 if you want that way no more knock sensor holdback.
                    for real! they did you a lil favor. get a chipped P28 for sure!
                    Used To Be The One & Only H22 Powered CB7 In Oklahoma! ! !

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still
                    can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs!

Comment

So this Chipped P28 tell me about it.....where do I get it, how much does it cost, who can install it, and what is it exactly?

Comment

you could install it of you wanted. Thats what I'm getting with my h22 swap in the middle of next month. Its a civic si chip if I remember correctly and it doesn't have knock sensors, the vtec will kick earlier and it will rev higher.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

and......it will dump enough fuel??? thats my main problem right now, the car is running like complete ass....like trying to get it around the block I had to stop two times just to rev and keep er' alive.

Comment

and did you get this ecu from bustedlx if not then shame on you.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                              and did you get this ecu from bustedlx if not then shame on you.
                              What do you mean did I get the ecu from bustedlx? Does he sell them or something? I'm looking for a p28 and was going to just let my buddy find me one. But if bustedlx has them then I would be more than happy to buy it from him.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Working...
                              X