Gas Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Light

Well earlier when I was driving the gas light came on, so then I came inside for the night, but what I am asking is, how many miles until you run out of gas from when the light comes on? This maybe already a thread, but I searched and couldn't find.

it depends how u drive. usually the light means 2 gallons or maybe more...i think i ran on it for about 50 miles but i wouldnt recomned it....running low on gas stresses the fuel pump
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i believe you have 3 gallons left when the light comes on.. i was headed up to a shop to have my car worked on a while back and was very low on gas.. right as i was pulling into the gas station, my gas light came on.. i filled up the tank and put in like 14.03 gallons or something like that.. so id say its pretty accurate..

Comment

Don't run too long with the low fuel warning light due to sediments in the bottom of the tank being picked up too much. My light has never worked.

Comment

i had the gas light on for at least 40miles if im driving far and im almost home ill drive until it it start bucking on turns then ill get gas

Comment

According to the owner's manual, it is calibrated to come on with 3.1 Gallons remaining in the tank. It has been my experience however, that it will come on intermittently with about 5 gallons remaining. Once it is fully lit and stays on though, you may have about 90 miles if you are lucky (3.1 gallons at 30mpg).
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i say about 50 miles once it comes on, with the gas mileage im olny gettin about 19 miles to the gallon, i fill up and at about 250 miles the light comes on seem fast to me

mods cai headers hi flow cat 2.5" pipe 4" exhaust plugs and wires, i do speed alot got 4 tickets this year

Comment

i guess when the light comes on, if you can, put gas in it =) Pretty straight forward. No insult intended.
                2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Originally posted by pretty_ricky302
                  i say about 50 miles once it comes on, with the gas mileage im olny gettin about 19 miles to the gallon, i fill up and at about 250 miles the light comes on seem fast to me

mods cai headers hi flow cat 2.5" pipe 4" exhaust plugs and wires, i do speed alot got 4 tickets this year
                  you get bad gas mileage i get about 24mpg filling up on 93oct at $2.95 per gal. i just got my license back last month, revoked for 6months
                  mods i/h/e h23, lightened flywheel, stage 3 clutch,msd wires,pulley, hollowed out cat, header wrap 24MPG

Comment

i never had my light go off,but i did go low on gas before. i want to know how can i make sure it will go ON when its supposed to? what if im down to my last drop and the damn thing dont light up?

Comment

Then I believe that's a failure within the fuel sending unit. Or less rare the bulb itself.
                      '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                      EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

i just filled up at $2.89 a gallon on 93oct, $43 to fill it up 14.5gallons and the gas light was on. no bucking or stalling going around turns.

so how many gallons do our cars hold

Comment

^ 64.5liter total (17.04gal). when the light comes on, you have 8liters left, which is 2.11 gallons.

now everyone says that running the car too low on gas picks up sediment from the bottom of the gas tank, but i guess they are overlooking the fact that the fuel pump sucks from the bottom of the tank anyway. and between the screen on the pump and the fuel filter, i dont think the car will complain too much if it picks up tiny specks of dirt
                          Last edited by cp[mike]; 10-21-2005, 08:04 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by [mike]
                            ^ 64.5liter total (17.04gal). when the light comes on, you have 8liters left, which is 2.11 gallons.

now everyone says that running the car too low on gas picks up sediment from the bottom of the gas tank, but i guess they are overlooking the fact that the fuel pump sucks from the bottom of the tank anyway. and between the screen on the pump and the fuel filter, i dont think the car will complain too much if it picks up tiny specks of dirt

i think actually its bad cuase if there is low gas that there will be moments where the pump will suck up just air, maybe not alot but just a bit...over time that wears the fuel pump down cause the pump uses fuel to cool it down...thats why i think its bad...
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i would not rely on ur gas light. i allways ran it on emty for a little cuz i would think "ehh the light will come on when it gets real low" but the last time i did that the light never came on and the car completly ran out of gas and shut off (but i was extreemly lucky and i was only like a 100 feet in frount of my driveway and rolled the rest of the way haha)

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X