Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIE ROD Installed. Mission Accomplished.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIE ROD Installed. Mission Accomplished.

Guy's after 4-5 months of getting my car I was told i needed new tie rod on my drivers side. I never got around to it and about a month ago I went On ebay and bought some tie Rods for 35.00 shipped. 3 year warrenty or whatever. Anyways Im sick of waiting so today i went up to todds house busted my wheel off the tools out loosed the bolt etc then bashed it out with a hammer. Yeah it poped right out so i tightend it and loosend where the tie rod gets aligned and twisted it right out. SIMPLE.

This is the first suspention/steering thing that has ever been so SIMPLE.

I dont have to do the other side But why not. I have the other side so ill wait to do that next wekend Then i will get it aligned and Ill be set to go.

I just wanted to let you know that i will make a DIY on this. WITH pictures.

IM me on aim w/ any questions poo1side or check out my site www.waynesobanek.com

all suspension shit was easy for me except when you cant line up the holes for a bolt on the LCA and you are working by urself in the rain... :mad:
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

wayne, youre going to need an alignment.

hopefully you put the new one in almost the same exact spot, but chances are your alignment will be off... and why spend hundreds later on new tires when u can spend 50 now on an alignment.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

why didnt you just wait to say this until you posted the DIY?

Comment

kmart. I dont know. I was excited because nothing went wrong. This is the first time i worked on my car and nothing went wrong.

PS your spoiler i need to see. Since its broke

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
            PS your spoiler i need to see. Since its broke
            wow, after a month and a half you want to bring this up because i made a comment you obviously didnt like. get real dude. dont hold a grudge against me because YOU were in charge of shipping and opted not to purchase additional insurance.

PM me if you want to talk about it......again. and thumbsdown for trying to make me look like a bad guy.

kthxbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Guy's after 4-5 months of getting my car I was told i needed new tie rod on my drivers side. I never got around to it and about a month ago I went On ebay and bought some tie Rods for 35.00 shipped. 3 year warrenty or whatever. Anyways Im sick of waiting so today i went up to todds house busted my wheel off the tools out loosed the bolt etc then bashed it out with a hammer. Yeah it poped right out so i tightend it and loosend where the tie rod gets aligned and twisted it right out. SIMPLE.

This is the first suspention/steering thing that has ever been so SIMPLE.

I dont have to do the other side But why not. I have the other side so ill wait to do that next wekend Then i will get it aligned and Ill be set to go.

I just wanted to let you know that i will make a DIY on this. WITH pictures.

IM me on aim w/ any questions poo1side or check out my site www.waynesobanek.com
              tie-rods are cake and if you plan to do both sides you should have done them both at the same time, then get one alignment...done...longer you let it go, more than likely more time oddly wearing ur tires
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
              X