Not the normal kill switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the normal kill switch

I want to put another ignition switch on my center consol so that i must have that key in the on postition plus the ignition key to start the car. So basically it is like a kill switch. I know it would not be a great kill switch because you could rip out the consol and short the wires but i am doing it for looks. My question is what is the easiest wire to get to run through the new ignition switch? I just want whatever wire is easiest to get to that would do what i want. Thanks for any help!
    Girls are like yellow lights, do i go for it or do i stop?

for looks? dont even bother..
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

If you mean something like the S2000 start button, look at the DIY that wikkedv16 did in the DIY section.

Comment

that starter button switch is just a switch...if someone sees that, they will know what to do...its just like an s2000 where u put the key in and start.

now a killer kill switch would be something like this:

basically connect it to the seatbelt indicator, if the seatbelt isnt on then the car wont start (needs a relay or 2).

or you can have a switch that you would have to momentaraly hold to start the car....

or you have a switch for your fuel pump.

there can also be simple things like, pressing the brake to start the car as well...hold the brake pedal and start it...

anything is possible wiht a relay

now my way is a secret =)...well ill give part of it away....hehe a dummy switch will be near the drivers seat so that stealers see it, they hit it, and it sets off the alarm and horn lol....and there would be another remote switch somewhere else.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeah but he just wants it for looks...i would just install the switch without having it work then...but then again, i dont install things just for looks! but hey its ur ride bro! do what U WANT! nobody HAS to like it as long as you do! Shouldnt be doing stuff to ur car just so a handfull of people give u the thumbs up! just my .02!!
          -sean
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I have a bank of 7 toggle switches above my cd player and led's along the gear shifting box and in my personal opinion i want to add a keyed switch in front of the gear shifter. Someone in an earlier entry said that you can hook a switch to your brake. I was wondering if you could hook it up to the clutch. Thanks for the help.
            Girls are like yellow lights, do i go for it or do i stop?

Comment

you can do it, as long as you know what your doing.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by boulder
                Someone in an earlier entry said that you can hook a switch to your brake. I was wondering if you could hook it up to the clutch. Thanks for the help.
                any stock 5spd car wont allow you to start the car unless the clutch pedal is pressed, cars are wired stock for that, so dont even bother.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                X