starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting problem

now this problem has been happening for a long time now,its not just becuase its winter,and also it does not happen all the time just once and awhile.the problem is when i turn the key to start the car up it wont do anything not even click all the guage cluster lights light up like they should and then i'll let off the key and try again and it starts right up,i have a new battery,and i dont really car that it does this because it always starts on the second try,i was just curious to what this could be.thanks

that click..is it associated with the check engine light...when the check engine light goes out, you hear a click normally yes?

if its not clicking and thats the click you are talking about...it is the main relay

here is a helpfull thing to replace it
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=310

if not then let me kno
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

nah homie it dont click at all,it does nothing,i have to turn it twice and it starts up fine,but the first time i turn the key it just lights up the warining lights thats all.no clicking.

Comment

no no no

don't click it
        R.I.P 1993 ACCORD LX ::::7-23-05::::

Comment

my car has been doing the same thing, turn the key, its like the starter isnt even connected.... turn off and on again, and the car starts fine. i dont believe i heard any click either... i thought my starter was flaking out.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

then wont that be the starter relay? thats what happend to me, replaced the relay and it was fine.....

haha i remember my shit wouldnt click...i was pissed cause i knew it wont start....i bought a new one and put it in and it worked like a charm...but i believe u can open it and re-solder the connectors that are worn and it will work for another year

there is a way that helms tests it...i forgot though
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
            X