water leak???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water leak???

well today i decided to clean underneath my trunk carpet,ya know .......wear the spare is,anyways when i took out the carpet i noticed that on each side of the trunk there is water puddles with a lot of water,it is not coming throught the tailights because there is no sign of wear the waters coming from.it is in the exact same spot on both sides i know taili light gaskets go but the thing is my carpet is not wet it is just the metal that has puddles?any ideas??thanks

drain it and wipe around..then wait till u wash the car or rain...then find it.

u can run water down the seal of the trunk to see if its leaking from there...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

same thing happens to my car, after a hard downpour, my entire spare tire was submerged in water. found out its partially becaue of my tail lights, but also because the 2 inner corners, on either side up by the back window. i think the window trim is loose, water gets in, drips down the inner side of the rear 1/4 panel. try folding down the back seat and lock urself in the trunk w/ a flashlight while its raining, and look for any bit of wetness, or tiny bits of rust along the edges of anything.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thanks for the reply's guys.both of my quarter panels are rusty the usual cb7 rust and when i lifted up on the carpet its rusty up near the antenna motor and the same on the other side maybe my tires spitting up water throught the rust?oh ya did that member ever do that diy on rust,because i am in serious need of fixing both of my rear quarters,there rusted all the way through i want to just go to the junkyard and cut out some pretty decent quarters but i figured i would wait untill that diy but did it ever get posted??thanks

Comment

sadly i dont think he will ever do the DIY on rust removal, he was supposed to to it about 6 months ago but never got around to it. do what you need to do pimp because it will just get worse waiitng for the DIY . lol

Comment

Yeah, I have the same problem... fixed the tail light gaskets, then shaved the antenna hole, and now im guessing that it is from the window trim. Mine looks like crap, and is dried up... so is the front windshield.

Comment

Working...
            X