you people with 93 EX's.. A/C problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you people with 93 EX's.. A/C problem!

for you people with a 93' ex accord, i need a big favor.

i have bought so many damn front a/c lines and none of them fit.

will you take a picture of the a/c line that bolts in to the compressor? it's the line that goes from the condensor in the front, under the driver side headlight, and into the compressor.

for some reason, i keep getting one that is backwards on the bolt pattern. i don't know what the fuck i'm doing wrong.. i got one from a 92 lx, didn't work. one from a 92ex, didn't work.

please help me!

i need a/c here in florida.. it's too fuckin hot for windows down
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

a 92 lx isnt the same wtf?

^sold

Comment

nah, even the one i bought from luis (patastinky) didn't fit. he has a 92 ex, and i have a 93 ex. it's still my accord compressor on the h22

Comment

i know you said ex but i have a/c on my DX did you want me to send you a pic of mine? you never know.
        CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

yeah, i would like to see how they all differ.. ill go get a pic of my compressor and show the bolt pattern thingy.

Comment

ok bro i'll go take some pic's
            CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

There were two different types of compressors installed on them. I believe it was dependent on where the car was built, not what trim level. There should be a Nippondenso compressor and a Keihin. I am pretty sure the Keihin was on all US built Accords because every JHMCB7 I have seen has the ND compressor. Every 1HGCB7 had the Keihin. They aren't interchangeable and neither are the lines. Just a thought.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                There were two different types of compressors installed on them. I believe it was dependent on where the car was built, not what trim level. There should be a Nippondenso compressor and a Keihin. I am pretty sure the Keihin was on all US built Accords because every JHMCB7 I have seen has the ND compressor. Every 1HGCB7 had the Keihin. They aren't interchangeable and neither are the lines. Just a thought.
                That could possibly be very helpful! I'll go take a picture right now of the compressor in mine. I wish I kept my old line, so I could weld the fitting on. That would have saved me the $100 I've spent in stupid ass A/C lines.

Comment

on the line i have, the plug is on the top and the bolt is on the bottom.

the line i need, the plug has to be at the bottom and the bolt on the top.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    Well, not necessarily, Denso compressors seem to be more common regaurdless of country of origin. My 92 LX was manufactured in Ohio and it had a Denso, whereas my 90 LX is a Japan car and it came with the Hadsys. Also, they are interchangable but you have to use the suction and discharge lines that go with the compressor. I recently installed the Denso from my 92 LX into my 90 LX and all I swapped out was the compressor, suction, and discharge lines, everything else was the same.
                    Last edited by mrhonda; 06-21-2005, 11:02 PM.
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

rebels, dude my 91 dx is the exact same as your's when your standing over the engine bay and look down the plug is on top and the bolt is on the bottom closest the the radiator fan. just took some pic's i'll send them to ya
                      CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

ahhh well send me the picture and hopefully i can get another line.

i only have 3 laying in my closet.. fucking stupid hondas.

Comment

if i remember right the bracket that bolts to the motor was different too, but yeah from all the cars ive seen mrhonda is right.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                            if i remember right the bracket that bolts to the motor was different too, but yeah from all the cars ive seen mrhonda is right.
                            I believe the bracket is the same too....I didn't have to swap over the bracket. The only difference I think is just the way the suction and discharge lines attach to the compressor.
                            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i'll have to run out to the junk yard to see if i can grab one of the compressors.. it may be kinda hard to take out though.

i don't feel like fucking with all that right now.. but i may just have to. :\

Comment

Working...
                              X