Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 hour Tire Inflation Job! QUESTION! WTF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 hour Tire Inflation Job! QUESTION! WTF!

Your heard it. About a year ago I got a Shift Knob, Pedals, and Valve stem caps from in this pack from Autozone for 5 bux. I install everything (The shift knob is retarded and never fit). So this morning I went to go check my tire pressure becuase it looked low in the front and I couldn't get the caps off. So for the last hour I have been using the blade of a metal saw to cut through the stupid little things. GAH! Everytime I do a project it seems like I get it shoved in my ke-ster. So anyways after I got the caps off I checked the pressure and they were all 30. Well the fronts look WAY lower than the backs. I have 4 Kumho's all the way around and they are about a year old. The max PSI on the Kumho's is 44. Should I be filling to this or what is on the door jamb?

yay for cheap autozone parts

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
      ...I have 4 Kumho's all the way around and they are about a year old. The max PSI on the Kumho's is 44. Should I be filling to this or what is on the door jamb?

never checked what it says on the door jamb, but i believe 32-34 psi is just about right.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I just can't believe that the front are inflated correctly, they look soooo low!

Comment

The max psi on the tire is just that ,the max amount of air that the tire will SAFETLY hold. What size tire? Is it the oe size? If it is then yes go with the door jam recomendation, if not then 35 psi is ok.

Comment

do not fill it up to the max on the tire.. this is the max it will hold with the added weight of the car, drivers and whatever else.. if you say, fill it to the 44psi, then decide to pack your car full of people, that puts a lot of added pressure on the tires and they will easily blow.. when at jiffy lube, we looked in the door jamb if they had stock wheels/tires and read the tire and put 10 less if they were aftermarket.. i got to the point of just simply checking the tire because of all the different types of tires out there..

as far as the valve caps.. you get what you pay for..

Comment

i usually put 36 for highway driving...

but you might have soft ass sidewalls? that may cause the flex?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If you've ever ran them flat or low, it will deteriorate the sidewall. I had much the same problem with my Kum Hoes. If the pressure checks out, you're okay. You'll probably need new tires soon anyways.
                -Jay

Comment

they look lower in the front because there is more wieght in the front because your engine is there . . . duh the same psi isnt gonna look the same if you add about 500 more pounds of load on the tire (totally not sure what the f22a6 actually weighs)
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i guess it was more false info from jiffy lube training.. i was always afraid to fill my 17s to the max because the sidewalls got rock hard and the ride was absolute shit.. i always filled them around 10 or so psi less..

Comment

Working...
                    X