Fans wont turn off after turbo install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans wont turn off after turbo install

Hey guys i just finished turboing a fellow accord drivers car, every thing is working better than expected, excpet that when we take the key out of the car, the fan kicks in and stays on forever....after you put the key back on acc, the fan turns off and its fine.

any ideas? need a solution ASAP thanks

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Ok, when we unplug the coolant temp sensor, the fan goes off

Comment

Also, the AC lines were removed, but the compressor and everything else is connected. could this be a problem?

Comment

When the fans are running is the car hot? If so the car is getting extremely warm and the fans are cooling it to below 180 before they cut off. Also, if it got really hot during a run, it may have ruined the temp sensor which i have seen as well.
        I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

eh i dont think thats the problem. we only ran it at idle for about 2 min. and the temp guage stayed right where it was. im thinking it might have to do with the AC

Comment

Ac lines should have no effect on this. By unplugging the pressure sensor on the AC lines on the car, it's just NOT THERE. Shouldn't have anything to do with fans. What is the voltage coming from the temp sensor? Is it with in specs? Im kinda like you at the minute. . . stumped. If I think of anything before I go to sleep Ill let you know.
            I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

Do you think maybe unplugging the a/c stuff made the ecu run in an open loop mode with the condensor fan? Since the when the a/c comes on the condensor fan comes on, which is the same fan that comes on after the car is off if its still too hot.. just a thought.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
              We got something to say!
              Police this, condemn this, damn this
              We'll be heard anyway!
              Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

the fans just may be bad periodtake one out and see what happens because he wont really need both

Comment

automatic? let them run for 15 minutes and see if they eventually turn off... could be the ECU if you swapped that when you boosted...

edit: auto/manual ecus had weird fan differences too, i read in another thread that you used a manual ecu on it, and its an automatic
                  Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-31-2005, 10:21 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

If the fans are staying on after the car is shut off its do to the water temp being to hot. I am running one fan on the stock size accord radiator and it stays on when I shut off the car for a good 5-15 mins. Of course this after I take my car out I run it hard. So if your install was proceeded with some hard pulls, I am sure the motor and coolant temp was up there.
                    Carlos
                    My Members Ride Page

Comment

could just be hot coolant and the fans need to cool it down. I had the datalogging hooked up one day and could see the coolant temp in farenheit. The stock temp gauge never moved but i remember seeing it range from 150*-194*...and once again the stock temp gauge never moved.
                      And no, the fans have nothing to do with open loop and closed loop that has to do with the o2 sensor. Cpmike may be on to something with the auto vs. manual ecu thing tho.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

try unplugging the fan relay might be a bad relay check volts with volt meter i think they should be 5 volts if it more then 5 volts they are bad if it not volts then i bad but double check to see if it is 5 volt stick the volt meter to the neg then hook it to the power wire of the relay if not change sensor or thermostat might be stuck open

(\__/)
                        (O.o )
                        (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                          And no, the fans have nothing to do with open loop and closed loop that has to do with the o2 sensor
                          Thanks for clearing that up for me You get what I was trying to say tho right? Maybe its just an open electrical signal because the sensor that tells it to turn off is no longer getting any input?

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                          We got something to say!
                          Police this, condemn this, damn this
                          We'll be heard anyway!
                          Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Working...
                          X