plug wire pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plug wire pattern?

okay, i tried the online manual but i couldnt find it...i tried searching and couldnt find it.

so...what is the spark plug pattern on the cap?
    im pretty sure i could guess it correctly but i just need some verification. thanks
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Looking at the distributor:

**2**
    4***1 --> front of engine
    **3**

Hope that looks right. Looking at the engine from the front of the car firing order is : 4 3 2 1
    Last edited by evol90accord; 05-25-2005, 09:29 PM.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
    We got something to say!
    Police this, condemn this, damn this
    We'll be heard anyway!
    Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

its 1-3-4-2
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by evol90accord

**4**
        3***1 --> front of engine
        **2**

Hope that looks right. Looking at the engine from the front of the car firing order is : 3 2 4 1
        dude, what the hell? firing order is 1, 3, 4, 2. #1 will start right where evol90accord said and then go in a clockwise direction

4 1 front of car---->

will look like this as you look at valve cover from front of car....

4 3 2 1

just match the numbers
        93 accord dx stock (mine)
        91 accord lx stock (wife's) click here for the FS listing
        86 crx HF (carb'd model) with B18B1 swap, custom OBD1 fuel injection conversion, custom mounts...... fun conversion, and more fun to drive
        86 ford ranger with dual sparkplug 2.3 FI conversion

Comment

Fuck I am retarded. I know the firing order, I don't know what went through my head right there. I'll edit so it looks right so not to confuse people in the future.... the really sad thing is i just replaced my distributor cap and rotor last night with new plugs and wires, and got it all right. I can't even get into the same state of mind I was in this morning to understand why I typed that. BRAIN FART. I'm so embarrassed...

Hope you didn't try to start your car with my diagram!
          Last edited by evol90accord; 05-25-2005, 09:31 PM.

We got something to say!
          We'll be heard anyway!
          Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

wait no, I actually did logically get it right just not in the way you all are thinking (the correct way). If you had hooked it up that way it still would have ran fine. I was thinking in the order the spark comes out, not what cylinder its connected to. Backasswards way of thinking I know, but the result would have been the same. Sorry for the confusion man!

We got something to say!
            We'll be heard anyway!

Comment

so confused.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                so confused.

ROLF!!!

Comment

FIXED:

**2**
                  4***1 --> front of engine
                  **3**

Looking at the engine from the front of the car piston order is : 4 3 2 1
                  hes right, just worded it wrong. 1 is the driver side cylinder, 4 is passenger... match them up with the diagram of the distributor he made, 1 being frontmost, 2 being top, 4 back, 3 bottom

technical info that wed3k doesnt need: as the distributor rotor spins clockwise (as looking from the side as his diagram shows) pistons obviouisly will fire in this order: 1 - 3 - 4 - 2 which is proper firing order.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

1,3,4,2, on the cap has the letter c on it and thats where cyl.1 goes.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                      FIXED:

hes right, just worded it wrong. 1 is the driver side cylinder, 4 is passenger... match them up with the diagram of the distributor he made, 1 being frontmost, 2 being top, 4 back, 3 bottom

technical info that wed3k doesnt need: as the distributor rotor spins clockwise (as looking from the side as his diagram shows) pistons obviouisly will fire in this order: 1 - 3 - 4 - 2 which is proper firing order.
                      mike...the quote you have of evol90accord is after he fixed his post as to not confuse other people. So yes...it is right there. But someone else quoted him earlier, crxls, and it shows the wrong firing order.

**EDIT** Nevermind....didnt see "FIXED" before I posted. My bad.
                      Last edited by xtremeskier97; 05-26-2005, 08:56 AM.

Comment

F22A1, F22A4, F22A6

If you have external coil, connect extra plug wire to middle of the distributor cap.

Last edited by accordmaniac; 05-26-2005, 09:36 AM.
                        1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                        2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                        3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                        4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                        5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac
                          F22A1, F22A4, F22A6

If you have external coil, connect extra plug wire to middle of the distributor cap.

right click-> save

file->print

THANKS!
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

Good job accordmaniac. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a picture made up of words is... worthless?

We got something to say!
                            We'll be heard anyway!

Comment

Good job accordmaniac. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a picture made up of words is... worthless?
                              Last edited by accordmaniac; 05-27-2005, 10:26 PM.
                              1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                              2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                              3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                              4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                              5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                              X