How rare are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How rare are these?

So i kinda stumbled upon one of these, and snatched it up. I have yet to see another one. Has anyone else seen one/have one? This ones for a coupe, but it still fits my 4 door (kinda maxxed out though lol) It was used once, then stored up until i bought it.

There was one for sale a while back on here for $150 that Street-Spec bought. I don't know what he ended up paying for it, though.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      There was one for sale a while back on here for $150 that Street-Spec bought. I don't know what he ended up paying for it, though.
      Thats pretty cheap! The OEM one i sold for my crx went for like $550 lol.I didnt even know there was a difference between the coupe and sedan ones. The lady i bought it from wasnt sure which it was, and i bought it and sure enough its for a coupe lol

Comment

I got one for $40 quite a few years ago, just had a tear at the front license plate that I had sewed up. I pretty much wore it out after using it continuously outdoors for over two years while I was redoing Ruby. I'm pretty sure the same cover will fit either coupe or sedan.
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 12-16-2014, 11:32 PM.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Here's the one I bought from u fleetwood, paid like 60 shipped n lost 5$ selling it cause I really needed the money.

It was in pretty good condition, actually!

I also bought a brand new one for about 180-200 never installed it and sold for same price.

Edit: pretty sure they are coupe cause how the lines are but I thought they were the same part #.

And they are pretty rare, I'm always looking for them, and only couldn't buy 1 of 3 in the last 3-4yrs.
          Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 12-16-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
            Thats pretty cheap! The OEM one i sold for my crx went for like $550 lol.I didnt even know there was a difference between the coupe and sedan ones. The lady i bought it from wasnt sure which it was, and i bought it and sure enough its for a coupe lol
            I mean, if you don't want it...
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
              Here's the one I bought from u fleetwood, paid like 60 shipped n lost 5$ selling it cause I really needed the money.

It was in pretty good condition, actually!

I also bought a brand new one for about 180-200 never installed it and sold for same price.

Edit: pretty sure they are coupe cause how the lines are but I thought they were the same part #.

And they are pretty rare, I'm always looking for them, and only couldn't buy 1 of 3 in the last 3-4yrs.
              OOPS! Maybe I paid more than $40 originally?? The problem I had with it after so much time outdoors was that it would leave blue dust all over the car when you took it off. I think all the water resistance it might have had was used up; I figured it might still be useful for an indoor cover. Once I got Ruby back together, I started driving her every day, so a cover didn't make much sense.

Edit:

You sure you got that from me? I don't think I see the repaired tear at the front license plate location.
              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 12-18-2014, 10:37 PM.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                OOPS! Maybe I paid more than $40 originally?? The problem I had with it after so much time outdoors was that it would blue dust all over the car when you took it off. I think all the water resistance it might have had was used up; I figured it might still be useful for an indoor cover. Once I got Ruby back together, I started driving her every day, so a cover didn't make much sense.

Edit:

You sure you got that from me? I don't think I see the repaired tear at the front license plate location.
                Yeah this is the problem i have with the cover. My cb7 is my beater car so I really never need to cover it, even after I repaint it and other stuff, thats going to be my dedicated car for the rain/snow/long drives. im trying to keep my 2012 civic si mint lol

Comment

um, want.
                  For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

I have two of these BNIB. Won't ever sell. I paid $350 for the pair from a member on here in 2012.

Comment

Those things are pretty bad for the paint, though. Once dust and dirt get trapped under it, it's like sandpaper over time. Especially if it sits outside. Covered in a garage isn't so bad, but out in the elements, it can be worse than leaving it uncovered!

Still, an official cover is a cool thing!

Comment

i have one too! got it from a random member here in the classifieds section. was like 60-ish, never used! still havent used it either lol i keep it in storage. its a neat OEM accessory.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                          I have two of these BNIB. Won't ever sell. I paid $350 for the pair from a member on here in 2012.
                          yeah i picked up a BNIB one for my old crx at a garage sale for $10. Sold it 12 hours later on the crx forums for $550 shipped. I was too afraid to take it out of the box lol.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Those things are pretty bad for the paint, though. Once dust and dirt get trapped under it, it's like sandpaper over time. Especially if it sits outside. Covered in a garage isn't so bad, but out in the elements, it can be worse than leaving it uncovered!

Still, an official cover is a cool thing!
                          My paint cant get any worse lol. Thats one of the reasons i wont use it, i dont want the rust from my car ripping the cover. I could save it until i paint my car but like i said I doubt i will ever cover it. I have one for my civic si that i use, and my 3000gt, but those stay inside its just to keep the dust off of them.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                          i have one too! got it from a random member here in the classifieds section. was like 60-ish, never used! still havent used it either lol i keep it in storage. its a neat OEM accessory.
                          seems like not many people use them lol. The lady i bought it from said her daughter bought it with her 90 coupe thinking she would cover it every night, then it became too much of a task, and sat in a box until she moved and thats where I picked it up from. Pretty much an impulse buy, so im probably going to wind up selling it lol

Comment

I didn't even know this was coming, nice surprise for me!

There was no bag? The last 2 I had were In a bag that says ACCORD too.

And yea fleetwood I'm the one who bought it from you like 8months ago.

Hopefully this ones a keeper...

The bag it comes with

Edit: not even 24 hrs after your last post and it's in my possession. Hahaha

Only thing I'd trade for is OEM coupe visors. Jarrett
                            Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 12-18-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X