idle and other issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle and other issues

well i have read a lot of the weird idle threads and mine seems to be somewhat the same, and somewhat different

it started out by just idle fluctuating, will start up fine, and idle automatically jumps from 2200 to 1000, back and fourth when in neutral or clutch is in

but when in gear car runs PERFECT

havent checked everything but have checked a lot and still havent been able to diagnose the problem

drove car last night around 10pm, still same problem

this morning at 7:45am i start up car to get to class, starts up fine, idle stays out 1000 then i get in gear, feels like the ebrake is on kind of, shift into 2nd, same problem, i pull over and the idle is at 1500, i revv it a little, idle starts to fluctuate again, start going again in first gear and car stalls.

i walk to class, come back afterwards, starts up fine, get it into first gear, and still feels like ebrake is on, get into 2nd to get back to my parking lot, and it gets to 3K rpm's and i loose all power, wont let me go any higher, so i have to downshift into 1st again and got it to 3k again and i cant get anymore power out of it, its just dying (about to stall again while in gear)

get back in parking lot, idle is fluctuating again from 1-2k
    Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

the engine runs fine, doesnt seem to be anything engine related

the thing that confuses me is, just last night it ran fine, now this morning i am having the problem w/ it in gear

i have checked for any leaks, the tps, fast idle, iacv

what do you guys think it could be? or something else i could check

any info would be great b/c i want to go to TN meet

but that probably isnt going to happen
    Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

like i told u over the phone me thinks

drivetrain/brakes/tranny/clutch related.. the motor is absofuckinglutely fine.. u drove it 600miles from FL to NC lol yeah its definetly fine.. i think something just gave out with 204k. on the clock.. did u raise the car? and check the tire rotation? like i told u

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

hmmm...somebody posted somethin like this...it was something with the brake system being partially engaged. Did u smell anything burning? Try lifting the front end of the car in the air. The tires should be spinning in neutral. If they aren't try to put it in first gear and see if the tires move...if they don't i think it'd be something in the brake system. What ecu are u using again?
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

p14 gude Race.. and he does say he smelled something burning.. but it wasnt really strong.. i made him lift up the front end (good thinking thou toine) right tire is harder to spin than left.. also i made him get in turn it on and put it in gear.. he revved it to see if he could go past 3k.. (he couldnt before when on the road)... and he can in air but once he passes that it takes forever to get to 4k.. i think something is holding it back and its definetly not the motor... in nuetral he can rev it to high heaven.. so im at a loss as to what it is.. when we first got the hybrid done.. he ripped on it in second gear pretty good.. and it felt fucking amazing... and ever since then.. he hasnt felt the same response.. now that we think about it he feels as if its been getting hold back more and more until now.. so.. were gonna see if wagalude can be a trooper and drive up to do his (h23a tranny/8lb flywheel/xtd III clutch) to eliminate alot of possibilities if this doesnt help it... it may very well be the brakes... hes had the car for 3yrs and doesnt remember the last time it had a brake service (is dad always took it in to honda or some shit) .. the tranny hasnt been touched for 30k.. when they did something along the lines of a clutch master cylinder and a flush probably..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Found the thread by tommi:
            "i found out what was goin' on with my car it turns out that the rotors are badly in need of replacement, hoses calipers replaced, also the caliper was stuck so it jus' clamped onto the rotor making it super hot"

so it could very well be the rotors but its definately the brake assembly of some sort
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i had a seized caliper, think i still have another one... killing my gas mileage, also would make the wheels stay tight... so overnight in the rain something could have happened, getting the caliper to finally seize... jack up and pop each wheel off and use like a crowbar on the studs or something and turn each rotor... should spin relatively well, if its really tight and scraping, seiiiiiized. also feel the rotor, see if its lumpy and scraped, it should be smooth and clean on both sides.

could also be a finally worn out clutch, they do some strange things when they are going bad.

or the tranny broke last night, idk... at least you have a tranny and clutch lined up very soon...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
              X