Air Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Jacks

Does anyone have air jacks installed on their car? Esp you lowered guys. Has anyone ever gave thought to this? As usual, another one of my wild hair ideas.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Air jacks? Are you referring to air suspension?
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Negative. Something along the lines of a built in jack system.
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
        Negative. Something along the lines of a built in jack system.
        Oh ok, so some pistons come out the bottom of the car, and elevate it enough so you can slide a regular jack, and jackstands under without doing the block of wood trick.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

are you talking about this?:

These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Are u shitting me?
            visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
              are you talking about this?:

Thats badass.

I've used logs before. I used to 4x4 in Oregon a lot, we got pretty craft a few times. If you wedge(not suggesting for anyone to try this) a log into the ground and position it under the bumper, and then drive into it you can get the truck to stand up on the log. Its hard to do without tetering the log over the other direction, but it can be done.

I have done this several times actually. After the new tire is on, just drive the other direction
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

here are some on JDMJay's s2000:

Air Jacks on JDMJay's S2k by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
                IMO, completely useless on anything but an endurance race car. unless you have a compressor and air tank in your car, you would need an external air source. I wouldnt trust them enough to get under the car either.
                Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 02-05-2013, 11:10 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

No. Air jacks such as what is found on the formula one cars. There are air jacks under the car that when you flip the switch, it'll lift the car so that they can change the tires.
                  92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                  2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                  2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

No.

He's talking about the one on Speed Racer so you can jump over stuffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Racer
                    A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                      No. Air jacks such as what is found on the formula one cars. There are air jacks under the car that when you flip the switch, it'll lift the car so that they can change the tires.
                      Nevermind the guy with the jack....
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Indy cars had them when I was watching races. They may still do.

What year is this photo taken? Is Bridgestone back in the F1 game? Oh, I'm so out dated, now.
                        A&P-IA

Comment

I meant Indy. Indy and F1 are different.
                          92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                            Indy cars had them when I was watching races. They may still do.

What year is this photo taken? Is Bridgestone back in the F1 game? Oh, I'm so out dated, now.
                            no, its just pirelli right now.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

See, that is one of reasons I lost interest watching F1 races.
                              Kamui is no longer racing F1 this year. There's no real presence of Japanese (companies) there any more.
                              Last edited by oyajicool; 02-05-2013, 07:44 PM.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                              X