Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car will not crank when attempt to start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car will not crank when attempt to start.

Hello ,folks. I've got a 92 accord ex w/ f22a6 engine.

Just wanted to ask about my dang car, the other morning(cold) my car kind of hesitated to crank over. It sounded like my battery was dieing, got it to start a couple more time that day aswell with the same issues,a dieing battery.
    after work I went to leave and start my car,dead. wouldn't crank. no clicking sound no anything.. Iv'e got dash lights which are brightly lit CEL comes on for a second and goes off. i even had a my co worker try to boost me with his truck, didnt do anything no response

so has anyone had this issue, im thinking its my starter or solenoid or both. my battery never gave me issues before. my DRL light has been on for a while it could be draining my battery not sure though..my negative cable that connects to my clutch bracket as a grounding point is also pretty corroded. im going to check into more probable issue today, but any input would be appreciated.

i'd also like to add that ive been having issues with my distributor primarily the ignition module. but when i was having those issues the car just cranked but never started so im having a different situation here
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

tapped my starter and presto
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Originally posted by carps_accord View Post
      i'd also like to add that ive been having issues with my distributor primarily the ignition module. but when i was having those issues the car just cranked but never started so im having a different situation here
      Take it off and take it to autozone for testing. Most will tell you they can't. Ask if they have a wells generation 3 tester. If they do, they can test it. The diagram for our cars will be towards the back of their book.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
      X