need to know this ASAP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to know this ASAP.

hi guys i have a question i really need to be answered im about to do my auto to manual swap at school but some dude told me that im gonna need the ecu and tcu from a 5spd cb7 i already have everything i need to do the swap about to drop the auto tranny but really need to know the answer to this ive already searched so if anyone knows a link feel free to post it

TCU is for autos only. Tell him he's an idiot.
    ECU will give you a little bit of trouble, but it'll certainly work.
    The auto ECU gives the motor a little bit of gas when coming to a stop, that's the only difference.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

thanks man idiot scared me i was like dam another trip to the junk yard so everything should be good to go then

Comment

I have noticed that the auto ecu's tend to rev up when I shift gears. Other than that, they work just fine, but I would look into getting that 5 speed ECU in the near future or just dealing with it until you can get a p28 chipped that you can do anything with like shift light, launch control, and reduce the amount of sensors it looks for.

Comment

Next time you make a thread, say what it is about in the title... or it will be deleted.

Comment

Working...
          X