Skunk2 pro1 cams w/ what valvetrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk2 pro1 cams w/ what valvetrain

So I'm looking into the pro1 cams from skunk, but was wondering which valvetrain would be best to use for this setup? I'm sure skunk2's pro series valvetrain would work best since they're made by the same company, but I was leaning towards a supertech valvetrain set up. However, if a pro series valvetrain is going to help my engine last longer than I'll go that route since I want it to last as long as it can, but I've heard good things and a lot of people who run skunk2 pro1 cams with a supertech valvetrain.

you could either go with supertech or bisimoto
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

skunk2 valve springs = death to rocker arms and cams... id stay away. they make nice cams tho

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks for the advice quickangel, I'm going to check out Bisimoto's valvetrain right now and how does skunk2's valvesprings mess up the rocker arms?

Comment

When you say "valvetrain" are you talking about upgrading your springs? Or springs and retainers? Or valves? Or what exactly all are you including here?

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
            Thanks for the advice quickangel, I'm going to check out Bisimoto's valvetrain right now and how does skunk2's valvesprings mess up the rocker arms?
            over the years many people (myself included) have had problems with their cams & rocker arms making contact and grinding themselves down to nothingness - common denominator seems to be the overly stiff skunk2 springs being the biggest factor. something like 240lbs@open, where most other brands are much less than that.

also +1 on what you mean by "valvetrain" - i assume you mean springs+retainers, at least... of course you can do valves as well but that requires taking the entire head off.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
              When you say "valvetrain" are you talking about upgrading your springs? Or springs and retainers? Or valves? Or what exactly all are you including here?
              usually the word valvetrain describes: springs and retainers. also keepers but its not that big of a thing. usually you can use your stock ones.
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Okay I never knew the actual term of valvetrain. When I used the word valvetrain I meant valves, valvesprings, retainers, and whatever else is included in rebuilding the head. Also, thanks for the info cpmike much appreciated. I'm almost certain now I'm going with supertech, but may choose bisimoto
                Last edited by Restless; 03-16-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X