Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I put off spark plug seals till may?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah you just need to follow it in a sequence of I think 16 steps, just remove them like a 1/4 to 1/2 turn at a time for about 5 passes then all the torque on the rocker assembly should be relieved. Then lift up the rocker arm assembly off the head and just peel back the 4 petrified O rings and replace it with new Honda ones, they're like 3 bucks each but last much longer than Felpro ones. Then installation is the reverse of removal. You could get away with not adjusting the valves, but its always best to do so since you'll be retorquing the 10 and 12mm bolts down again to I think 108 inch lbs and 192 inch lbs. It was annoying for me b/c I had to alternate between 9 and 16 ft lbs on my 1/4" torque wrench, missed the specs for my 1/2" torque wrench by just 4 lbs.

But you really just need minimal basic tools, 10mm, and 12mm deep sockets, torque wrench, a 10mm box wrench and flat head to do both the valve adjustment and the rocker arm o-rings.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I did my seals, and didnt adjust my valves. I really need to though, just ran out of time.
      COUPE K24

Comment

Well, there's the rocker arm and I don't want to mess with my timing belt.
        Also I just spent all my money on fogs .

I may have a decent paying job by the end of this week. If so, then I'll probably do it at oil change.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

You don't need to mess with the timing belt. The cam will stay in place when the rocker assembly is removed. When you undo the rocker assembly bolts, don't remove them, they keep the assembly together. Lift the entire assembly out together; don't turn it over and let the bolts fall out. If you want to turn it over to make replacing the seals easier, hold a piece of cardboard or wood over the top (like taking a cake out of a pan by using a plate over the plan, then flipping over).
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Eric the car guy has a video detailing exactly what to do. I added it to the videos in the beginner stickies. That's what I'll follow when the time comes.
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I followed that video. Its a good source of info.
              COUPE K24

Comment

yea thats how i did mine...that guy has alot of accord related videos..

Comment

Working...
                X