Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how the f*** do you get the headlight off!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how the f*** do you get the headlight off!!!!

ok so as some of you may know i crashed my moms 91 accord ex 4 door a few days ago ... today we were able to make quite a bit of progress with the thing, got the hood and front bumper cover off ... and the right headlight is toast ... so my dad wants to take the left one off so he can see what the right side is supposed to look like. We got the top bolts off as well as the adjustment bolt, but the one on the bottom we completly cant get to. Below is a picture of how the car sits now so you can see that i have access to everything.

in the below link is pictures of everything we did today ... and within that link is pics of what the car looked like after the accident.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showt...&threadid=6861

u have 2 take the bumper support off. its held by like 3 bolts on each side look for USC DIY on the how 2 take off the bumper it tells u there. u will c

Comment

here is the link

look at CPMIKES last post and he has them circled in red.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=959

Comment

What 92jr said.. once you get the bumper support off there will be a bracket holding in a screw behind the bumper support. Then you should be able to get the headlights out.

If I remember correctly, which I should having taken out the lights installing my body kit and various sets of headlights, there are 4 bolts holding in the headlight.. and 1 the corner light.
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Pick the hammer up that's in the picture and just start whaling on it, it'll come off.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

i already took those off and theres these bolts on the front of the fuckin thing ....

and the corner lights are both broke so i dont gotta worry bout gettin those off

my dads makin me get the fuckin amber ones though ... clears are way cheaper.

Comment

i have oem 92/93 corner lenses if u need them, dont know if they fit 9091 headlights

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ur 92 93 lights wont fit...his is a 91....it will look odd...

and i seen ambers on sale for 10 bucks....

i never seen that big black thing i have foam up there on mines....

yank it off lolz.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                  i have oem 92/93 corner lenses if u need them, dont know if they fit 9091 headlights
                  I had 90-91 clear corners on my 93 Accord back in the day. They didn't fit perfect but they were not noticable and they look better IMO.
                  Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

my dads being *** and wants me to rebuild it as close to oem specs as possible ... so i picked up some full ambers on ebay.

clears woulda been way cheaper ... people were sellin em for like $1!

Ambers came to $17 shipped ... still cheaper than oem woulda been though.

i never seen that big black thing i have foam up there on mines
                    i think that big black thing is called the bumper fool! I hope you didnt take yours out after the accident and just have the cover cause now if you hit somethin else your car will be WAY more fucked up than if it was in there.

Yours might be the same color as your car though ... this car was in some sort of major accident before we bought it cause you can see where shit was rewelded now that we got in there.

I see the things cpmike is talkin bout though so imma try to take those bitches off too but i think it might be bolted on some other funky way ... has anyone with a 90-91 messed with this shit?

Comment

If you buy aftermarket OE spec. headlight.. it will come with OE sppec corner lens with.

http://216.82.69.117/search_results....el=2&subcat=17

1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                      2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                      3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                      4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                      5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

well we kind of broke the corner lense on the left side on accident so i need both anyway.

i got 2 prospective parts cars im looking into right now ... my friend knows someone with a tboned 91 accord dx 4 door and just this weekend my friends parents got rear ended in their 91 accord lx that has 250k on it so the insurnace wont give em shit for it ... so imma try to maybe get parts from them before they get it towed away.
                        Last edited by Melt; 11-09-2003, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melt
                          well we kind of broke the corner lense on the left side on accident so i need both anyway.

i got 2 prospective parts cars im looking into right now ... my friend knows someone with a tboned 91 accord dx 4 door and just this weekend my friends parents got rear ended in their 91 accord lx that has 250k on it so the insurnace wont give em shit for it ... so imma try to maybe get parts from them before they get it towed away.
                          hey man can you get me the right side interior door handle surround w/power door locks ? from one of those busted up CB7's ?

Comment

my friends parents lx has already been towed away ... and the other ones a dx which means power nothing. Sorry man!

Comment

update: Managed to get it off

i dunno about the parts though ... buddy was supposed to call me bout that shit today and never did ... i hope i dont actually have to go buy all this shit now!

Comment

Working...
                              X