Driver's Door Stuck in Locked Position!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's Door Stuck in Locked Position!

I went out to unlock the CB7 to get in (the plastic deel-oh moved up) but the door won't open.
    The handle on the outside moves back and forth (in & out) but the door won't budge!

I took it to Asian Imports, the guy said 2 hours atleast .. ug!
    And besides, they said they'd have to order the part from Honda anyway.

Before I take it to the Stealership .. anyone ever have this problem?
    Got Damn it man .. I don't need this shit right nowww ..

Thanks Guys!
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

How getting in through the passenger side, and opening it from the inside?

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
      How getting in through the passenger side, and opening it from the inside?
      Tried that .. don't work ..

Looks like a job for the Stealership ..
      UG! I hate givin them my $$$$

Tomi

Comment

Int: DIY seized latch fix (door stuck shut)

TypeG's thread.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

This happened to me but after someone took a screwdriver to the lock lol
          -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
            Holy FUCK FT .. thanks for that .. but woahh .. I dunno if I gotz that kina skillz ..

Called Desert Honda here in Vegas, was told to get over, went in, sat for an hour,
            told the guy I'd be back tomorrow ..

I think I'ma study that thread by Type G a bit more .. MAYBE I'll try it ..
            But I don't see myself doing any good .. prolly fuck it up worse!

Man am I pissed!

Thanks again FT ..

Tomi

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
              Holy FUCK FT .. thanks for that .. but woahh .. I dunno if I gotz that kina skillz ..

Called Desert Honda here in Vegas, was told to get over, went in, sat for an hour,
              told the guy I'd be back tomorrow ..

I think I'ma study that thread by Type G a bit more .. MAYBE I'll try it ..
              But I don't see myself doing any good .. prolly fuck it up worse!

Man am I pissed!

Thanks again FT ..

Tomi
              No problem. Just FYI though, I had this happen to me and the Honda dealer near me charged me about $600 for this fix. I about damn near fainted.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                No problem. Just FYI though, I had this happen to me and the Honda dealer near me charged me about $600 for this fix. I about damn near fainted.
                O fawk .. I did NOT need to hear thhhaaat!

Comment

Ok .. first things first I guess ..
                  I removed this screw ... but the little plastic deel-oh still won't come off ..
                  errr, what's the secret there?

See? I can't even get past the first step without gettin stumped ..

Comment

Try to remove the panel first. You may want to remove the seat for more space. Check the levers before doing the DIY thing. I have had a mechanical lock failing on me. It isn't pretty, and ISN'T easy.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Thanks JDM I .. it was REALLY easy to get the panel to pop from the bottom after removing the screws that are accessable .. but I wanted to get that lil plastic deel-oh off to see if the linkage was still attached to the handle (inside)

Not real successful gettin that plastic piece off, but with the panel off for the most part, I could get my left hand in on the linkage from the inside, and when I push it back and forth, the chrome handle inside moves in and out .. soooo, I'm assuming that I'm shit ouuta luck, and I should continue with the DIY ..

And yeah, I can see the drivers seat coming out easily for this job .. no fucking room what-so-ever!
                      EDIT .. I just thought of somethng .. I bet it's ALOT of fun trying to get the drivers seat out, when I can't open the drivers door!!!!
                      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 09-10-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I read in another thread that someone used the wrong latch?
                        Does it matter which latch I get? From an auto/belt or non auto/belt?

I don't see why that matters .. but .. anyone?
                        And gettin that plastic piece off the chrome handle (inside) is a fucking bitch!
                        What's up with that?
                        If I could get that off, and remove the linkage, I'd have a bit more room ..

Comment

take the little screw out, that releases the inner handle. then push it forward toward the front of the car, and itll fall out of the door.

and yeah im pretty sure it matters if you get auto or non-auto latches, i believe the auto one had an extra sensor on it? good luck though.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                            take the little screw out, that releases the inner handle. then push it forward toward the front of the car, and itll fall out of the door.

and yeah im pretty sure it matters if you get auto or non-auto latches, i believe the auto one had an extra sensor on it? good luck though.
                            Thanks Mike .. yeah, I took it out earlier, but that bitch was simply stuck on there.
                            I reached my hand inside, seeing as how I had the panel mostly off anywayz, and undid the linkage like that, and the fucker came off easy ..

Something else I notice, I'm not gettin too much farther along BUT, when I lock the door using the inside lock
                            (manually pulling it up and pushing it down) I can hear like an electrical click ..
                            BUT, only when I push it down to lock it, I don't hear that sound when I UNlock it ..

And yes, the key is all the way in the off position.

Man .. I really don't see how I'ma get a drill in that small a spot at all .. seat out or not!

Comment

this has happened to me twice, lol. just study the diy and the link that's in the diy. the hardest part is the drilling, but once you drill a hole in that goldish colored metal, you just stick a flathead in that hole and wiggle it around. lean on the door a little while you do it. you can tell when you start to trip the latch because the door will move. i think i might hace some more pics to load. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X