smoking from exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoking from exhaust

coming back from the car wash, i noticed that there was a little cloud of smoke coming from the rear of my car. i thought it was no problem because i thought it was just one of the cars beside me. when started to go back home, i noticed that the oil light had been glowing on and off. so i parked my car, and started to smell something that was close to oil. i did an oil change just two days ago. and the dipstick meter showed fine. also checked my transmission stick and it was fine too.

so i start the car back up, and i hear something that sounded fimilar, like a knocking sound. i only hear it right after it ignites though. well shit, so i leave the car running, and i look for the source of the smoke, and found out that its coming from the exhaust. now my cb7 is smoking out the muffler like a prizm with no oil.

what do you think it is, and what should i do?

if i remember right when you did your exhuast video clip thing you had smoke at a high rpm. one of ur rings might of just gave out, or you lost a valve. either way, id just drive it till it dies or if you have money swap again. i had a 230k motor that consumed oil like crazy and i BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT like you would not know and it was still running when i took it out. dont wory about it, check your oil frequently and start saving
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

but i dont know if i should be able to continue to drive around, is it safe? plus, i dont want to give up on her yet, she's all i've got.

Comment

oil is your friend!!!!!! as long as you keep oil in her she wont die for a while. exactly how bad is this smoke, can you see it while driving?
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

the smoking is pretty bad. i mean just from witnessing it from the rear is pretty big. so bad in fact, that im scared to even turn it on. but i guess this is the end for her, i think she needs a new heart

Comment

dude its very easy. take the engine off. open it up. check the cilinder walls. if everything is ok just replace the piston rings and the tie rods. get the head. replace all the seals. put everything together. put the engine in the car and u good to go. u can rent all the tools for this job at auto zone. won't cost u more than $600 or less.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Replace the tie rods....
              YOUR A20 IS TIRED.

Comment

What are YOU guys talking about? I replaced the tie rods in my motor last weak.

I was replacing the upper piston ball joint, and realized that my tie rods were bad too. Just did it all at once.

Its a piece of cake to do.
                Noobie my ASS.

Comment

ok, i think she's finally put out. it still runs, but i can feel that its not going to last for no more than a week. thanks for the comments/advice guys, really needed it.

but i think its time i get another cb7. preferablly a 92-93 5spd coupe. my dad has finally decided that i should get another car. we've spent more money into that car than its worth, and i dont think i would want to spend another penny on it. im still going to be on the forums, hopefully, with another accord

Comment

Another accord's gonna cost you $2000 or more. Why not swap the engine for $500 bucks or so. If you bought parts off of here it would be even cheaper than that. Junkyards are good too. Just a thought. I guess if I could get my Dad to buy me a new car I'd do it too, but I'm not that lucky.
                    -Jay

Comment

mayberry4thgen grabbed a good clean f22 for 75 bucks and tossed it into his car. if u borrow tools from friends and autozone, for a few hundred bucks (including renting an engine lift) you can revive the good ole cb7... and take my word for it, you dont need tons of experience to do a motor swap... just gotta have the time, and the desire to get down and dirty. we have an f22 removal guide under Swaps, thats what i used to do mine the first time, and i had no idea wtf i was doing.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yeah, if you were closer you could have my F22A1 dirt cheap. Save your money and find a decent motor.

Comment

My car has been smokin pretty bad but i have no exhaust at all no cat. How would i know if i have a bad valve.
                          R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                          My members ride page
                          Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

thanks a lot guys, i love yall more now but, 've gone under heavy consideration that i just want another cb7. its just the little things about the my car that i wish wasn't there. the previous asshole owner didn't take very good care of it at all. i mean, i know its a honda and all, but ALL cars need the same amount of maintenance and elbow grease to add another year to it.

oh, by the way, i went to check the car out today and i noticed something. that when i have my head over the manifold, that i can smell its running way too rich. is there any way to lean it out? im still smoking pretty bad from the exhaust (when i idle and accelerate), but i think i've narrowed it down. today, the oil light keeps creeping up on me and i give it a mean face when its flashing right in front of me so yea, what can i do to lean her out? cant give up on her yet...

oh, and the engine temp. needle is ON the "H"
                            Last edited by sothea_sun; 10-27-2004, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Sounds like the ole' engine is giving up

Comment

Working...
                              X