Bad injector possibility on H22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad injector possibility on H22?

Take a look at this and let me know what you think of it....I feel I either have a bad/failing injector, or I am using the wrong Accord F22 240cc injector in w/ the other 3 H22 315cc injectors. Idk, my car does kinda miss...what feels like when its cold.

What I did find weird is that the cyl. 1 injector says "IPT" on it and the other 3 say "KIN HEI" on the sides of them. So that leads me to believe I've got the wrong one in there...idk maybe that's why it wasn't idling correctly when I first swapped it in, not b/c of the ECU thats got that weird traction control Code 36?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Well you gotta do the right thing swap out that injector with the right one. It sounds like its runnin too lean careful

Comment

cyl one looks really lean.
      wat?

Comment

more like DANGEROUSLY lean

swap that out asap and see what happens. seems like it SHOULD solve your problem...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
        My Ride thread
        Flickr
        Originally posted by d112crzy
        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
        All I gotta really say is:
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

or you have low compression on cyl 1 for some reason...

definitely swap that out, it sounds like one oddball might have gotten mixed up in there.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

All my stock USDM F22ax 240 cc/min fuel injectors are IPTE manufactured/labeled.

The JDM H22 345 cc/min injectors I had were Keisho manufactured/labeled.

I have not heard of 315 cc/min injectors. The only ones I know are 290 cc/min on some Hseries engines, I forget which.

Anyways, I am under the impression that you have an oddball injector that is smaller in size. You can swap that injector out with another cylinder, see if the problem switches cylinders. If so, then the smaller injector theory is correct.

Either way, you should obtain injectors of the same size and correct for your engine, especially if running stock ECU. You can get away with another application size injector, as long as it is sufficient and you have a tuned engine management that compensates for the different size injector.

Honestly, this diagnosis is easy. You shouldn't have even posted it and found the problem already. You already are headed in the right area. IMO, you're wasting your time posting, fix it already.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

If you are not even sure you have the correctly sized injectors, send them to www.cruzinperformance.com for testing. They will tell you.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

yeah its just hard finding the right injector...OBD1 Prelude I just need 1 it looks like, not all 4 so I don't want to spend a TON of money....the swap has already taken care of that aspect lol.

Any ideas on where to get these injectors? does Checker and Autozone stock them? or are they Honda/Dealer specific?

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

okay well I tried swapping that one injector out, I found a set of good H22 ones, but I decided to do that one on cyl. 1 first and see and it made no difference.

The only other possibility I see is the ECU causing all this chaos. Its the one w/ 4WS so its got a traction control setup to it...idk if that's affecting the fuel delivery or not but even w/ this new one in there, its still missing, not a bad miss, but every 2 seconds it burbles and can be felt through the car as a vibration, so something still isn't working right.

I bought another P13 ECU AT w/o that stupid traction control Dec 25th so it should be getting here soon, thats the ONLY other option I see which could be causing it...I'm really running dry as to why its not running perfect.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                  X