h22a front mount damage It hurts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
    You should not have welded that. Even if you got the welds how you wanted its unlikely they would have held up. Not too mention its too close to the top of the head. Aluminum is a bitch I've never welded something that goes thru that kind of stress actually hold up for any signifgant amount of time without bracing or plating it.
    pls read every thing before you post. i welded a different piece on a completly different block to test it. after that decided not to even strike an ark to the h22a.

there is a mount hole that i would like to use to brace it
    96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      that bolt on the side of the head originally was a brace to mate to that engine mount.
      is this a brace that come on all h22a s ?

i'm looking for a new front mount ( cast iron one that bolts to the block). i haven't made it to the wrecker but i'm told from some one its on a h23 as well.

Comment

it comes on all H22, doesnt it also come on F22s and H23s? im pretty sure.

do you still have the piece of aluminum that used to be attached? slather the back with jb weld, use the two bolts that still have thread, and use that support brace. too bad there isnt more material or you could drill and tap for a third bolt.

thats probably what i would do, but personally would still feel a little uneasy about how itll hold up... but its not like the engine will fall out of the car, its just uncertain if itll hold forever.

what type of flywheel will you use? solid or stock mounts? do you shift hard?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Little confused... Thats not the front mount is it? Looks like the drivers side to me.. $450 is a little steep... I would try to use an epoxy built for high heat metal...

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
            Little confused... Thats not the front mount is it? Looks like the drivers side to me.. $450 is a little steep... I would try to use an epoxy built for high heat metal...
            the drivers side mount is actually mounted to the "front" of the engine, with the torque mount dogbone on the "side" but thats not generally how we refer to them :shrugs:

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cb9wagon View Post
              pls read every thing before you post. i welded a different piece on a completly different block to test it. after that decided not to even strike an ark to the h22a.

there is a mount hole that i would like to use to brace it
              well..my bad...

Comment

cp[mike]
                i have a f22a6 core sitting and the mount (cast one) under the timingbelt area is different. the basic shape is the same but a little different. the f22a6 also doesn't have anything to go up to that bolt or a hole to bolt something to it.

unfortunatly the original piece is gone, cast aluminum and the steel pieces. this is an automatic car with oem mounts. yep i drive like an ass at times but i think with 4 out of 5 hole able to hold 100 % and one that is just there .... well we will hope. that damaged hole with all the cast missing will be ground flat and a piece of aluminum tubing to fill the void.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  the drivers side mount is actually mounted to the "front" of the engine, with the torque mount dogbone on the "side" but thats not generally how we refer to them :shrugs:
                  I see...

Comment

Working...
                  X