Plastic filler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic filler?

I was cutting the holes in my rear bumbers for my rear side markers. But on one side the dremmel cut too far and there is maybe 1/2 a centimeter gap.

What would you guys suggest to fill it with and how?

Even though the sidemarkers look fu@%ing sick...

I don't really know what you could use... but you should post some pics bro... I'm really interested in getting some rear markers... Did you happen to take pics throughout the install?

"Little" Kenny
    Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

fiberglass? i dont know

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

The whole isnt big enough to waist fiberglass on...I did consider it though.

And I can get install pics since I havent done the other side yet. There is also a diy for reference.

Although I suggest using a dremel to cutl the majority of the hole. And then using a steak knife or something of the sort to fine tune the hole. I tried using the dremel and thats what caused me to mess up. Got a steak knife and made the rest of the whole damb near perfect.

Also when using a dremel to cut the bumper. I would personaly suggest using googles and a face mask that covers your neck as well. Dont laugh, Im serious. I was cutting the whole when a piece of melted plastic hit my atoms apple and burnt a good size area of skin on my attoms apple. It hurt like a bitch, and looks ***...

Comment

LMFAO... that sucks man... Thanks for the heads up though... I hope someone gets an answer for you soon!!! I wanna see pics of it finished..

"Little" Kenny
          Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

is the hole itself cut too long? or you mean just on one side the blade cut too far and there is a slit.

i would recommend some epoxy made for plastics, home depot's glue section has it. it would be good to fill a corner, you could use a strip of tape across the painted side of the bumper, and add the glue from the back, so it dries with the smooth side out. then touchup paint. otherwise if you do it messy youd have to sand it down, and that may turn into a mess, making it look worse...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
              is the hole itself cut too long? or you mean just on one side the blade cut too far and there is a slit.

i would recommend some epoxy made for plastics, home depot's glue section has it. it would be good to fill a corner, you could use a strip of tape across the painted side of the bumper, and add the glue from the back, so it dries with the smooth side out. then touchup paint. otherwise if you do it messy youd have to sand it down, and that may turn into a mess, making it look worse...
              You are the man, and yeah its just a small piece, but still noticable when you look. From a distance no, up close yes. Would autozone have anything of the sort maybe? Il have to look tomorrow.

Comment

some sort of platic putty?

i think i heard about it not sure though

it's like play dough and you mix it with something red and it hardness and is sandable and
                paintable that's what i remember my dad saying a few years back

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Stuff

Look into bondoglass It is sort of a mixture of bondo with fiberglass matting mixed into it. But I believe that for half a cm it will be too much as well.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                  X