Accord repair info on DVD/VHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord repair info on DVD/VHS

I just finished production on a DVD that shows from start to finish how to correctly perform a timing belt replacement on the Accord. This DVD shows the tools needed (some store bought and some you can fabricate yourself), disassemby, water pump replacement, seal replacement, reassembly, setting the timing marks, valve adjustment, and shortcuts the pros use.
    After watching this DVD, you will have the confidence and knowledge to do the job yourself, do it correctly in 3 hours or less, and save hundreds of $$$$.
    Running time is approximately 30 minutes.
    This DVD should be available in the next couple of weeks, and will be very reasonably priced ( I will post the release date and price as soon as I have it).
    Other titles will be following shortly, including:
    Performing a major service on the Honda Accord
    1990-1993 Accord transmission diagnosis and TCM repair
    Accord MIL diagnosis
    In the meantime, I would appreciate feedback as to how many of you might be interested in this information.

how about u be a budd and post it for everyone for free, after all your getting all kinds of free diy's from us.

Comment

So who's going to pay my production costs??

Comment

I'd buy if not too much!
        Originally posted by rickyduckworth
        i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

shit. there is plenty of diy here. and they all show u all the tools. but a dvd that shows the actual work is a good idea for the people that don't know anything about cars.
          as for me. if u have a diy dvd on how to rebuild the engine and the auto tranny,,, i'll take one. lol if the price is good.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

prodction costs, cmon just make 1 video and post it. theres all kinds of vidos on here and no one complained about production costs..........your not steven spailberg.

Comment

No, I'm not Steven Spielburg, but I'm not the Salvation Army either.
              If you want something for free, try the Red Cross.

I'm a professional Honda mechanic, and that's how I make my living.

So why should I give away something that will help people save money.

I give plenty of advice for free on this board, even to freeloaders like you.

You strike me as the type of person who'd get this info for free, learn how to do it right, and then charge people an arm and a leg to do their timing belts.
              Last edited by cmrvi1; 10-07-2004, 10:39 PM.

Comment

he can sell his own DVD for money if he wants... if ppl are gonna buy it, more power to him. leave him alone

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                  he can sell his own DVD for money if he wants... if ppl are gonna buy it, more power to him. leave him alone

You strike me as the type of person who'd get this info for free, learn how to do it right, and then charge people an arm and a leg to do their timing belts.
                  To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                    yes this is true, but its like charging someone to put water back into a well that it originated from.

although he might not have gotten much information from this forum standing at 22 posts, this is a community where we try to help each other as much as possible, and as not-for-profit as possible.

if you're really trying to make money, hit up ebay, i'm sure you already have. but advertising on a forum just sounds like you're trying to use CB7T as a conduit for your "get-rich-quick" scheme.

now, i am not trying to insult you, rather trying to put you in the right direction. if i had some leftover money, i'd buy the dvd to support you and your hard work, and learn more about my car.

but i'm sorry, bills + stress ownz meh.
                    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

br0nx finest, he put in work to make something, not to feel and warm and fuzzy inside

If you ever have anything for engine swaps, engine rebuilds,turboing it, etc. I might be interested

Comment

its all good, and this forum is definately all about the free exchange of information... but dont bug the guy to post it for free, just because hes here, u know?

cmrvi1 - br0nx has the right idea tho. most of the info (plus tons more related) about swapping a timing belt has already been covered on this site, so im guessing not too many ppl here would buy it (unless they wanted the video/pics to go along with it). youd probably get the best results listing it on ebay for a reasonable price. fix-it manuals on CD sell all the time, im sure ud find some buyers. but feel free to try selling them here, we have a classifieds section that you could list them in.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

freeloader? hmmm not really just dont see why u would sell something thats been coverd a million and one time on here. theres a link from this site that has detailed pics. i think thats better than avideo. but hey ifya actually sell 1 let me know. good luck.

Comment

Guys,
                            I'm certainly not doing this to get rich. I make a very good living as a Honda technician.
                            I'm doing this for the benefit of people who need the help.
                            Yes, it's been covered here many times before, but you all know that there are still alot of people who don't get it right, or those who can't afford to pay a mechanic to do it, or even those who just enjoy working on their cars.
                            Yes, I could offer it on ebay, but why? It's not for the general public. It's for Honda owners.
                            Hey, I could have just taken a bunch of pictures and posted them, but that wasn't my approach.
                            I wanted to make a video where the person would feel that they have an instructor showing them step by step how to do the job quickly, but more importantly THE RIGHT WAY.
                            I also show them many tips and shortcuts that we use at the dealership every day to make the job a whole lot easier.
                            So, while I don't mind giving advice for free, I do put a value on my time.
                            BTW, which way would I make more money, charging you $9.95 to teach YOU how to do it yourself, or charging you $150.00 labor to do it FOR you. Do the math.
                            Last edited by cmrvi1; 10-07-2004, 11:38 PM.

Comment

i wish u luck. you mentioned short cuts..... are there any special tools needed? or can basic hand tools be used along with your video?thanks. how long are the videos?

Comment

Working...
                              X