we need a DIY! for the noobs!

i don't want to cut any wires though if it involves that

then F*** That..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Its self explanitory. If you know how to put sockets together and extend wires its easy. It takes time. It took me 4 days because I took my time and brainstormed where I would relocate particular parts.

I marked some identical sockets with colored electrical tape. Just do one side at a time.

No DIY required.

93 'til infinity

Comment

^ i just want to tuck the wires!

i want to keep my ac, ps, and cc..

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
            if a wire tuck was easy i would of done it

we need a DIY! for the noobs!

i don't want to cut any wires though if it involves that

then F*** That..

some say that some of the wires have to be extended. but im going to take the wires and stuff in my bay off from those bolts and brackets and see how much slack is left to move it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
              some say that some of the wires have to be extended. but im going to take the wires and stuff in my bay off from those bolts and brackets and see how much slack is left to move it somewhere.
              Listen to someone who did a wire tuck. You will need to extend. No buts about it. I find it impossible to wire tuck without extending. The passenger side I think you MAY get by without extending. Driver's side, no way in hell. And in tucking we all mean hidden OUTSIDE of the engine bay right, not underneath parts in the engine bay.

Extend wires. No half-assing allowed.

93 'til infinity

Comment

lol and doing the passenger side but not doing the drivers (fail)

fudge!

im just gonna see if someone that's DONE it before can help me on mine

if' not then w/e =]

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                  Listen to someone who did a wire tuck. You will need to extend. No buts about it. I find it impossible to wire tuck without extending. The passenger side I think you MAY get by without extending. Driver's side, no way in hell. And in tucking we all mean hidden OUTSIDE of the engine bay right, not underneath parts in the engine bay.

dag. i was gonna do it half assed but its in the rules now. i cant do it. that sucks. i was gonna have wire all cut up and some of them exposed sitting right next to the timing belt. j/k

yeah. im gonna see what i can do tomorrow tho. ive been planning on doing it for a while but been procrastinating. lol

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                  lol and doing the passenger side but not doing the drivers (fail)

fudge!

im just gonna see if someone that's DONE it before can help me on mine

if' not then w/e =]

like they said. it requires patience. get some extra feet of wires and makes sure you mark everything to be sure you dont put the wrong wires together.

Comment

like they said. it requires patience. get some extra feet of wires and makes sure you mark everything to be sure you dont put the wrong wires together.
                    like i said knowing my luck! im sure im gonna do something wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post

yup yup agreed like I wrote it out all in detail... you have to extend drivers side no doubt about it.. an like I said just go to your local JY and cut 2 harnesses yuh kno it cost me $7 for both... if anyone wants or needs help just read what I wrote on page on it says each wire to extend and dont get overwhelmed just do one wire at a time... and add it from the harness you cut from the JY which the wire colors match and everything so its not hard...so me you and PR all say you have to extend... also on the passenger side I know you do have to extend a lil but that your choice if you want the wire to be streached or not yuh kno... anyways wadup my twin!!!!!!! to bad your not guna roll thru to our dec 6 meet!!!! its goin to be crazy!! we have jackfrostwhite comin all tha way from NJ an people from TN an NC

Comment

Id rather tuck my ball sack....hahahahaha j/k, i still have the harness from my old F22 from my swap, so ill use those wires. it cant be that hard, if youve spent anytime on this site we should all be accord mechanics by now haha

Comment

93a-lude said he didnt extend any wires..dont know what to do.aaaaahhhhh ok calmdown. i tried yesterday on the passenger side. i jus have the wire from the headlights along the inside..ill try again

Backyard Customs
                          Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
                          why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
                          Building Fund: $0
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

Comment

if youre creative, you can avoid extending many wires, i had to cut and extend 3 wires on the driver side. besides that, i actually had extra slack for a lot of them.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by *JDM_CB7* View Post
                              ok I have pix of while I was doin my wire tuck but not of the actual wire to extend... but I will give you a run down right now... first go to your local JY and pick up driver and passenger wire harness... on the driver side cut it from the fuel injector box and take everything from there forward... on the passenger cut it from near the fuse box and pull everything forward.....ok so first thing you do after you have done all this and are standing in front of you car is... take a deep breath.

lmao... nah but anyways take the bumper of as well ass fenders... I started on the driver side an I first cut 2 holes one on the outside which you need to do to get to the inside...also I found it easier to just pull off the headlights and housings... pull all the wires up to your drill point and run them thru... also I DO NOT HAVE A/C SO I DID NOT WIRE THE SOLONOIDS OR EXTEND WIRES FOR THEM... once you have them thru the wholes you have made bring them as far as you can but as far as yankin on it yuh kno.

the exact same thing goes for the passenger side just alot smaller bundle of wires...ALSO I HAVE FOGS SO IF YOU DO YOU WILL ROUTE THESE ALONG WITH THE HARNESS... ok now (wires to be extended)(driver side) low beam,highbeam,washer fluid,horn,bumper turn signal,2 upper turn signals, and your side markers if you have them... this is wat the driver side piece you cut from the JY is for.. you only need a foot or a foot and a half and that with plenty of slack....(passenger side) high beam,low beam,horn,bumper turn signal, 2 upper turn signals,sidemarkers if you have them,and the pin connector that goes to the cooling fan I think you will see it ... its goin to come out with the horn....... and your good to go BTW I have hids so I didnt extend my low beams because I just wired my ballast direct to my low beam and you do not need to extend unless you want to. as well on the driver side I didnt even touch the low beam connector.

keep eveything above the wheel well I drill a couple hole and used some of the factory clips to make sure none of the wire try to go anywhere on both side... as well I tie straped and electrical taped everything so that it was tight and no wire would be loose bouncin around... now wire everything back up put your fenders back on as well as bumper... stand back wipe you sweat and say damn Im tired but it was well worth it lol... also I DID NOT RELOCATE THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE DASH OR RELOCATE THE BATTERY TO THE TRUNK BUT I AM GOIN TO DO THIS WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO> SO STAY TUNED!!! AND PIX WILL BE UP SHORTLY!!!
                              thats better.

Comment

i guess it even harder on mine it's an ex with the abs . does that change anything.it looks like i have more wire than most of you . idk it just may be me

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                X