JB weld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JB weld

so i accidentally got a small cut on my rear brake line, just wondering if i could JB weld over the cut? i mean it hardens to the strength of steel so why not.
    i ordered the brake line from honda but they said if it doesnt come in tomorrow ill have to wait until july to get it in.
    Hold On Not Done Accelerating
    Had One Never Did Again

why the hell would you have to wait a month to get it? That sucks. And to use jb i would give it about 24 hours to cure. I know it says 4 hours on the package but i do for a kind of insurance thing. I wouldnt reccommend jb weld on a part like a brake line since its such a vital piece to safety but if its your only vehicle and means of transportation then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

go to the junkyard

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

duct tape

or take one from the JY. its pocket size

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

well if you do happen to go with the jb weld idea. One thing you can do after putting it on is hit it worth a torch. Don't get right up on it but far enough away to wear it will harden and crystalize and not burn anything else. Buddy did it on his auto tranny cause he had a hole in it and its still running 2 years later.

Comment

since brake lines can have up 8000psi at times, i wouldn't trust a steel epoxy to get you by. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

seriously have someone just drive you to the autoshop and buy another one. Why chance your whole car to get total for a 20 dollar piece of equipment. Think about it. And as far as jbweld i wouldnt do it at all. As much debris and shit from the road gets on there and how tight the lines get from being under pressure like that really isnt a good look.

Comment

it will NOT hold! junkyard that!
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf
                  duct tape

or take one from the JY. its pocket size
                  Duct tape won't hold electrical tape works better. I know from experience.

Comment

"hey look! it works! watch me come to stop after a 40mph roll!"

POP screeeeechhh BAM

^ thats whats going to happen when you step on the brakes and you lose pressure.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ok so i got the line in today n slapped it in
                      i dont have enough time to go to the wreckers n pull one out beacuse they are closed by the time i get off work and i needed the car on the road asap.
                      thnx for the input tho guys
                      Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

for a temporary fix, id just use a set of blunt vice grip pliers and squeeze it closed. dont need the rear brakes anyways.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                        X