Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you think this engine will last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do you think this engine will last?

It's the stock F22A in my 91 Accord LX with 166k miles. It's pretty much been babied it's entire life, never shifting above 3k rpm until this past year when I've been driving it, but even then I baby it too just because I don't want the engine to have any problems because it's nothing more than a PITA

250+, expect it to be around for you for a LONG time.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i have 180...push it hard all its life, but i take care of it...has hella power....

my uncle has 490k....imagine that =)

dont worry..when it blows it blows...expect that around 290k if u wawnt to be early =)
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

my f22a1's crankshaft worn out @ 264k , but i am going to put a f22b dohc in its place

don't worry about it man, you still have long time with that motor

Comment

i just broke 130K on mine

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by shimoto
            i just broke 130K on mine
            Me too.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

I had 160K on mine, I dogged it the past year but it was still going very strong. It drove incredibly nice for having that many miles on it, but I hydrolocked my engine so that put it out of it's misery.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

oil changed how often? Im no expert but thats for sure one of the most important things you can do for your engine to make sure it lasts long
                HSHO #3

Comment

mines got about 290 on it now.

Comment

...84 guess my car is the young'n

Comment

160K is a baby still . I have 184K and it drives like a dream; I still get 24-28mpg (city/highway mix) and it doesn't leak a drop or burn . Soon I will be going turbo with low boost and have no worries that I will get another 30-50K out of her on boost

BUT if mine blows then 5spd conversion and h23 turbo here I come
                      No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                        I had 160K on mine, I dogged it the past year but it was still going very strong. It drove incredibly nice for having that many miles on it, but I hydrolocked my engine so that put it out of it's misery.
                        every 3k or so miles, probably overkill but it's a habit of my dad's so I figure he gave me the car I might as well just take care of it how he would

Comment

i am willing to bet that it will last your entire lifetime as long as you keep it well maintained and drive it like you got some sense

well, maybe not your whole life, but close to it

Comment

mines got 203 K still, runns GooOod
                            ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

like they said, 166K is nothing...your looking at a car that should last like 250K
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                              X